• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vet visit this morning

bunslave

Mama Doe
Off to the vets soon as I've noticed cheeky has watery eyes. Any tips please on what he should be looking for and what I should be asking? Thanks.

My rabbit has a watery eye that wouldnt clear up so a i asked for xrays and it turned out to be due to a tooth root ,so you could ask him to look at her teeth or maybe blocked tear ducts or even an allergy to her bedding ?

I am not an expert at all but my bunny has runny eyes and it's due to blocked tear ducts so perhaps that is something to ask. This could especially be the case if your rabbit has any dental problems.

Teeth :)

But then Ginger had a badly watery eye when she arrived here, which was cleared up through steroid eye drops :wave:

We're back! :wave: and £60 lighter in the purse :( I thought it might have been teeth as she had a dental about 18 months ago but vet says no as top peggies are fine. So we know have to go down the route of elimination first with fulcithalmic cream. That's going to be fun as she is not a 'hold me' rabbit at all :roll: She also needs her bottom back ones burring under GA so there goes another £150 at least :cry:
On the bright side as much as she's a monster at home, she's such a good cuddle bun at the vets it was worth it :love:
And finally, I took my little recue bun as well to get a breeders ring removed :evil: :evil:
and he screamed the place down :lol: He wasn't being hurt at all just voicing his protest but the faces on the people in the waiting area were a picture :lol: :lol: He's now happily nomming hay and running around :love:

Thank you all for your replies x

Fab news that all went well! Shame about the cost! What we do for our buns, eh?

Huge hugs to buns!!!!

Back