• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny safe glue??

Ryo_the_rat

Warren Scout
Sorry if this is in the wrong section! I just wondered if someone knows of a glue or any other way that would be safe to fix a bunny toy? Basically we ordered a Nudgi XL from zooplus for the bunnies for Christmas

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/toys_transport/rabbit_toys/196783

And when it arrived yesterday it was broke :( To be fair zooplus have been really good about it and are giving me a full refund no questions asked, and did apologise for the inconvience caused, its just a shame that it wasnt packaged better. the whole top section snapped off-basically a strip of wood holding the flaps.

Rather then throw it away i thought we might be able to salvage it-my OH said we might be able to fix it using some tacs, but i just thought i would post to see if there were any other bunny safe options? I assumed there must be a type of glue out there that is safe if the bunnies were to chew it because surely some toys/hutches would use something like that, but wouldnt know how to search for something like that!

If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it, would love to get it fixed for Christmas day for them so they can still have their present. Though they have a treat basket, meadow flowers and a new ball to ease the blow :lol:

Depends on the pieces but you could use a dowel. Drill two holes and link them with a bit of wood.

Depends on the pieces but you could use a dowel. Drill two holes and link them with a bit of wood.

I just had to get my OH to explain what a dowel was:oops:Im really not DIY friendly at all lol Anyway looking at it i think it would be too small to do something like that with, but thanks very much for the suggestion!:)

I cant really picture it in my head, is there anyway to screw it back on? or would that stop the flaps opening?

(btw - excellent toy.... am certain duke would love it, hes a VERY clever bun so would be nice to get his something like this :D )

I cant really picture it in my head, is there anyway to screw it back on? or would that stop the flaps opening?

(btw - excellent toy.... am certain duke would love it, hes a VERY clever bun so would be nice to get his something like this :D )

I dont think that would work either, its difficult to describe how it has broke but the wood isnt very thick on it :? That also means its difficult for people to advise how to fix it! lol I do think some tacks would easily fix it, it seems to have been held on with a type of tack/staples in the first place, i would just hate to do that and then have the bunnies hurt themselves if they chew it. I guess i could give it to them during supervised play only? that way I could take it off them if they start chewing that area. Molly is a big time chewer, you dont even want to see our skirting boards, wall and carpet:shock: They have lots of toys and the biggest room in the house to themselves, but i think she is a very intelligent little bunny which is why i thought the Nudgi would be great for her in particular! If i manage to fix it i shall let you know the verdict:D

can you take a piccie of it? might be easier if we could see where its broken - i know there are some great DIY'ers round here

if duke ever behaves himself id love to get him one of these :)

Just wanted to give a quick update to say we managed to fix it in time for Christmas for them, decided to just hammer it back on using much safer tacks then what were in it already in my opinion:shock: and they love it! I knew Molly would love it and she proved me right, but it has been a huge hit with all three of them :D Can be noisey at times with them slamming the lids back down and then trying to throw the whole thing around :lol: but i would definately recommend it. We have been giving it to them during the day(we are in most days and have their door open so can hear them playing with it) and putting it away at night so i dont spend all night paranoid they have got to the tacks lol but we did forget to put it away the first night, they soon let us know with the bangs not too long after we drifted into slumber :lol: Bunnies, who'd have em?:roll::love:

One thing i will say is the crumbles that came with it were left until very last so wont be buying those as refills. instead we have been giving them some meadow flowers and grass in it. might try their pellets too!

That is cute. i haven't seen anything like that before. Julie would love it until she ate the thing though.:lol: She eats everything.

Back