• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

been to vets.

ZoeLou

Warren Scout
I took the babies to vets to give them a check over and they said they seem absolutely fine they seem to think they did go in shock state when i explained what happened because their mobility is normal. . HE also said its is likely she did scare them because of the same identical state they was both in. . I feel better now for taking them :wave:

Great news, you did the right thing taking them.

I think you may need to sit your daughter down and explain that baby bunnies get scared very easily, and not leave her alone with them while they are still so vulnerable, so happy that all is ok :) :) How about some pictures :wave:

Great news. :D I tried to comment on your old thread but RU crashed. :? I was going to say that I understand it's not always easy to take a pet straight to the vets so please get them to the vet in the morning. :) You did that and I'm so glad they are fine. Some people on that thread did come across being a bit bossy saying get them to the vet right then. That isn't really fair cos they hadn't seen your rabbits and it isn't them paying the vet bills. You're their owner and know what's best for them and if you had taken them it would have been £100 just for them to say they are fine. It's always best to be on the safe side and you were by taking them this morning. :) Well done. :D Now you have that £100 to treat them. :p :lol:

Last edited:
Great news, you did the right thing taking them.

I think you may need to sit your daughter down and explain that baby bunnies get scared very easily, and not leave her alone with them while they are still so vulnerable, so happy that all is ok :) :) How about some pictures :wave:

SHe as been spoken too and she does know. . I do have photos but i am currently using my phone my lap top is broke. . But i do have a facebook account if you would like to see babies :D

Great news. :D I tried to comment on your old thread but RU crashed. :? I was going to say that I understand it's not always easy to take a pet straight to the vets so please get them to the vet in the morning. :) You did that and I'm so glad they are fine. Some people on that thread did come across being a bit bossy saying get them to the vet right then. That isn't really fair cos they hadn't seen your rabbits and it isn't them paying the vet bills. You're their owner and know what's best for them and if you had taken them it would have been £100 just for them to say they are fine. It's always best to be on the safe side and you were by taking them this morning. :) Well done. :D Now you have that £100 to treat them. :p :lol:

Oh thank you for you nice words it really means a lot

I'm so, so glad that they are ok :) I truly hope there are no long lasting effects of this and that you can enjoy the rest of the time you have with them. Are these two staying with you?

That's the point though isn't it. We hadn't seen the rabbits so gave the only advice possible in the situation. What if we had said wait until the morning, and then they had died overnight because the owner listened to our advice. When it comes to medical stuff you have to be overcautious when advising someone when you haven't seen the rabbits.

Thankfully that's all irrelevant now because everything turned out ok in the end :)

That's the point though isn't it. We hadn't seen the rabbits so gave the only advice possible in the situation. What if we had said wait until the morning, and then they had died overnight because the owner listened to our advice. When it comes to medical stuff you have to be overcautious when advising someone when you haven't seen the rabbits.

Thankfully that's all irrelevant now because everything turned out ok in the end :)

:thumb:

I don't think anybody was being "bossy", just giving the best advice given the limited information we had.

I'm so glad all is well, and as Lou said I think we need photos to coo over! :love:

:thumb:

I don't think anybody was being "bossy", just giving the best advice given the limited information we had.

I'm so glad all is well, and as Lou said I think we need photos to coo over! :love:

I am on my phone at the minute due to my lap top broke. . But i do have a facebook account if you would like to see

Glad bubs are ok.

Perhaps you could get your daughter one of these to put a bun in when she wants to cuddle one:

http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=42901

Lots of piggie people use them, it might make the little ones feel more secure, and will pick up the odd stray poop. I think they're quite easy to make too, if you're that way inclined

love:

Sorry but I would NOT use one of these to hold a rabbit. They could easily jump out and fall from a height and severely injure themselves. Rabbits should be held securely against the chest with bare hands by a responsible adult or an older child supervised only IMO.

Sorry but I would NOT use one of these to hold a rabbit. They could easily jump out and fall from a height and severely injure themselves. Rabbits should be held securely against the chest with bare hands by a responsible adult or an older child supervised only IMO.

Agreed. They are unpredictable and need to be held securely - two of the reasons they do not make good pets for young children.

I'm so, so glad that they are ok :) I truly hope there are no long lasting effects of this and that you can enjoy the rest of the time you have with them. Are these two staying with you?

This! :thumb: The way you came over in your first post, obviously distressed and describing the babies as limp, gave the impression that you wanted urgent medical advice which really only a vet could provide and so I believe the right advice was given at that time. Please don't think bad of people, many of whom have gone through very painful experiences of loosing buns in accidents and to illnesses, by their desire to give the best advice for your buns, based on the information provided.

That said, I am very glad they are all fine.:love::love:

I am on my phone at the minute due to my lap top broke. . But i do have a facebook account if you would like to see

Sorry, I missed you say that before I posted. :oops: I don't have a facebook account (I must be the only one :lol:) will I still be able to see?

Back