• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update on Barney

bugsbunnylover

Warren Scout
Barney went to vets this morning to get neutered and ive just had a call to say its all been done and he is fine:love:
He has got an infection by his glands which might of been why he has been so smelly.
Vet has dealt with it all but says if it keeps comes back he will have to remove some of the folds of skin he has down there as he has alot:)
He has met my 3 other house rabbits but how long does he need to be kept away from my 12 week old doe as she is not old enough to be neutered yet?:love:

Aw, great to hear he's all better :)

I'd check with your vet, they all have differing opinions. Most say 3 weeks but to be on the safe side I would say between 6 and 12 weeks. You'd probably be ok after 6 :)

My vet recommends 6 weeks as she's had so many bunny parents back in after 3 weeks who've ended up with a pregnant doe!

Any bunny savvy vet will neuter your doe at 4 months, possibly 5 so you shouldn't have to wait too long!

bunnies are fertile for 6 weeks after thier ops :wave: I personally wouldnt bother introducing them until she has been speyed, not long until she can be :wave:

Back