• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bannana and melon skins

maggiebuns

Warren Scout
my two buns have a little bit if bannana and melon a couple of times a week (and i mean a little bit) but is it safe to give them a bit of the skins :?

My rabbit Marvin loves banana skin, he will often ignore the fruit and just eat the skin the crazy guy!

I read somewhere that banana + skin is fine (and mine will vouch for that :lol:) but I don't know about melon. I wouldn't have thought so, but then I wouldn't have thought banana skin was ok until somebody told me.

My rabbit Marvin loves banana skin, he will often ignore the fruit and just eat the skin the crazy guy!

i can just imagine Marvin dashing around with banana skins on the floor, sliding everywhere :lol:

Has he grown into those rediculously sized ears yet?

I leave melon skins on and never find any left behind so I spose they like it! I always take off the banana skin but maybe I'll leave a bit on next time.

thanks guys for your replies :D i'll probs try the buns with the skins, i introduced sprout leaves yesterday, just 1 each they went mad for them so today they have had two each dread to think what they'd be like with a whole sprout :lol:

I feed both, I figure most animals eat the whole thing, it's only us humans that are picky. Same with kiwi, you can eat the skin on that its just a weird texture.

I feed both, I figure most animals eat the whole thing, it's only us humans that are picky. Same with kiwi, you can eat the skin on that its just a weird texture.

Wow - that makes sense and is great to know! Thank you.

Back