• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grunting rabbits?

Zahirre

Warren Veteran
Dexter is a little monkey...

He started his silly grunting when his best friend died back in August. After we brought him Pumpkin, he seemed mush happier and the grunting and nipping subsided. (even though they weren't allowed to play together)
After the mishap of him escaping, he was spayed.
He's currently under my bed and each time I go to say hi to him and give him a stroke, he grunts at me.

Any one else have moody little grunty buns? Dexie never follows it with a nip these days but still, I feel highly offended! :(

My only grunty buns have been unspayed females who lost the grunting when they were done. I guess like humans some bunnies are grumpy sods! :lol:

He started his silly grunting when his best friend died back in August. After we brought him Pumpkin, he seemed mush happier and the grunting and nipping subsided. (even though they weren't allowed to play together)
He's currently under my bed and each time I go to say hi to him and give him a stroke, he grunts at me.

Any one else have moody little grunty buns? Dexie never follows it with a nip these days but still, I feel highly offended! :(

my male grunts all the time buts hes not been done yet so i suppose it a harmonal thing there but he does it when he walks up to me or when he running around my feet.

Guess Dexie must just be a moody sod then! Lol. I swear he's having mood swings due to Pumpkin having babies...

Men, eh? Can never let the woman have all the attention!

It means they are scared don't be offended if he grunts he might even be unhappy! can I ask why is he under your bed?

It means they are scared don't be offended if he grunts he might even be unhappy! can I ask why is he under your bed?

I assume he's a free-range bunny and has chosen to go under there. Mine would if I let them :p

As for grunting. Nutmeg grunts. It's more her getting anxious and stressed and her breathing weakness showing itself than anything. Mischa honks at me for food sometimes.

Pie gets very upset if her bed is touched (packed with straw on three sides as hutch lid opens upwards) - When i take her snuggle safe out she comes over with a little grunt and starts tidying again.... and then when i put it back in, she gets most offended when i cover it in straw:lol: She spends all night taking the straw off and moving it round again:lol:

my very first bun

My very first bun Tobias used to grunt - usually when he was running, often in excitement or intensity. I didn't interpret it as grumpy at the time, but it was YEARS ago, and I didn't know much about buns in those days - I guess I was 10ish!

Teasal grunts and yes she is definatly a grumpy moo on her better days on her bad days I do not touch:shock: that grunt means kiss goodbye to your fingers if your thinking of coming near me.

Doodee and Pumpkin are both very noisy buns who honk, humpf and make a grumbly sort of happy hum that is very different to Teasels snarls, grunts and growls.

My Maxy boy is a grunter. Hes not unhappy hes just very excitable and will grunt when binkying, feeding or occasionally when i stroke him :roll: Its just his way of communicating with me :love:

My giant pepper grunts all the time,he has been neautered but is a grumpy sod,he attacked my gloves the other day as i wouldnt let him out lol

He's a house bun :) and has free range of my house... he decided to pop under the bed for a good old chew at my carpet!

I know he's not scared or panicky when he's grunting... starting to think he's just a moody boy! Lol.

Barnaby grunts when running around, he was grunting a few minutes ago when he was following Pebbles for a little 'play-time'. Ahem :oops:

His isn't an angry grunt and is very quiet, I assume he's just happy, not sure if it would be classed as a honk though?

eta (they're both neutered)

Ah Dexie grunts at me whenever I disturb playtime, ask him nicely to go to the kitchen for bedtime and tell him to leave the plants. He also grunts at me if I touch his food.... The list kind of goes on and on!

I do think he's just a grunty boy :) We do get some binkies going on aswell so I know he's not totally moody! Haha.

We don't have any nibbled fingers either and he does like his snuggles! Maybe it's a Dexter thing... thinks he's the alpha male of the house!

Ah Dexie grunts at me whenever I disturb playtime, ask him nicely to go to the kitchen for bedtime and tell him to leave the plants. He also grunts at me if I touch his food.... The list kind of goes on and on!

I do think he's just a grunty boy :) We do get some binkies going on aswell so I know he's not totally moody! Haha.

We don't have any nibbled fingers either and he does like his snuggles! Maybe it's a Dexter thing... thinks he's the alpha male of the house!

Ooh, I'm lucky. I can actually cuddle my 2 when they're eating AND touch their food / bowls. Sometimes I think I'm pushing my luck but they've never shown any food aggression.

Sounds like Dexter just wants to play, doesn't want to go to bed and wants to eat the plants and is just saying 'no' to you :lol:

Ooh, I'm lucky. I can actually cuddle my 2 when they're eating AND touch their food / bowls. Sometimes I think I'm pushing my luck but they've never shown any food aggression.

Sounds like Dexter just wants to play, doesn't want to go to bed and wants to eat the plants and is just saying 'no' to you :lol:

Sounds about right to me!

The only thing is... the plant he wants to eat is a Swiss Cheese plant and therefore bad for his tummy! You should have seen the obstacles he jumped over today just to get at it! Hopping over paint pots... squeezing behind drawers...tangling himself up in cables behind the drawers and then fighting his way through rolls of wallpaper! Just for a plant!

I don't think he likes bedtime, preferring instead to keep us company in the living room! As for playing... he's too much of a 'man' for that! He seems to think playing is for mere morons and prefers to hop away and eat my skirting boards and dig up my carpets! You'd think his toys would be enough but no, like most boys... he likes to be destructive and try and pick fights with the cat!

It's just aswell I love him more than I love my furnishings! I used to be house proud... not so much anymore!

My Rocket man is a grunter and has been since we got him aged 3 and a half. He was neutered before we got him. He's now 9 years old and as grumpy as ever! :lol: He doesn't see as well as most bunnies so gets stressed when people reach into the cage because he can't really see what's going on. He also hates the dustpan and brush I use to sweep up poops/hay and will attack them (bites, hangs on and moves them out of the way!).

AMETHYST

Back