• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Teasel and Pumpkin- failed at bonding.

I give in.

Teasel is trying to rip Pumpkin to shreds. The final straw was yesterday. The little black wolverine snuck into his large puppy pen whilst I was cleaning her indoor cage out and nabbed all his noms. He was delighted to see her. Waggling ears, dancing bum and he dropped his head to let her know he was okay about her being top bun in his patch.
I was going to put the broom down as I watched Pumpkin make all the right submissive moves until Teasel doing her best Monty Python rabbit went straight for his underbelly snarling hissing with back feet ready to try and eviscerate.

Thankfully Ben was with me and he lept in and grabbed the evil black one whilst I grabbed a terrified Pumpkin. Teasel would not let go of her prize- large amounts of Pumpkins fur wedged in her mouth and has been stamping on it and making hurumpf noises ever since. When I first had her her behaviour was so bad she used to do the same to anyone who went near her. Given her age [heading towards 9] the current weather may have given her a dose of the twinging screws so I will try a nice basket with a warmed snugglesafe and if she looks like she is wincing when she hops metacam. At her age she ought to think twice about trying to behave like that from a standing start.

She is in the dining room with a blanket draped between her line of sight and Pumpkins pen. I clearly cannot trust her within sight of him. :roll: so if the nasty weather would oblige I can get out and I shall go and buy Pumpkin a nice safe large dog crate with a lid to stop ariel attacks from nethie flying rabbits as his kitchen base. I had hoped they might sort this out and be able to share the large pen but it will be cheaper to buy him a good crate than have to pay the vet to do repairs if she sinks her teeth into him.

How awful. I think you are best to get bunny checked over by a vet rather than giving metacam to be on the safe side.

Too bad...
Pumpkin is very young and special needs as far as I remember; I think he needs a young, very quiet rabbit to pair with him although I know people can't take on another rabbit every time they wish to (otherwise I'd have at least a dozen myself).

Hurricane- I have had Teasel for years.

She was rehomed to me when she ate the older child she had been bought for. [Child needed stitches] She is a small nethie/lionhead cross who inherited the worst possible options from the nethie' temper traits and it was be rehomed with me or be pts.

My vet knows her of old and has the scars on his fingers to prove it. So do I. The Metacam I have is for her when the twinging screws turn her into a complete fiend from pain. She has never been anything but a bossy and unfriendly rabbit with anyone or anything except for Arnie.

She has arthritis in her hips and in the cold and damp she becomes a real bad tempered old so and so. If the normal pain management regime does not work she will be down to see the vet this evening and see what else can help. The old girl has been on borrowed time for years.
;)

sorry for it not working out mayby you could try again in spring and well done for taking on a proplem rabbit its great to know its not just mad heads like me that take on aggressive buns :lol: hope everything works out for you :)

sorry to hear this. She sounds like a nethie with major attitude! I admire you for taking her in!

LIttle pumpkin sounds so loveable!

Back