• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

update on kits.

ZoeLou

Warren Scout
They are fine back to normal hopping about. What a relief. . I still wonder what she could of done to them

Thanks for your kind words. But i do still stand by what i said x

Did you ever find out what happened? I can't believe a 4 year old would intentionally hurt them (no offense to your daughter). I mean, i had pets at younger than 4 and always knew to be gentle.. maybe she just did something in the room, like made a loud noise or sudden movement that scared them?

ETA: Oh sorry I just noticed in your post that you said you didn't know what happened.

Did you ever find out what happened? I can't believe a 4 year old would intentionally hurt them (no offense to your daughter). I mean, i had pets at younger than 4 and always knew to be gentle.. maybe she just did something in the room, like made a loud noise or sudden movement that scared them?

ETA: Oh sorry I just noticed in your post that you said you didn't know what happened.

The thing i have seen her been silly with the other rabbits so i amnot sure. . X

I'm glad the babies seem to be OK. Your daughter is probably scared, so let some days pass before you ask her again. When she's quiet and she knows the bunnies are safe, she will probably tell you what happened; right now she saw you're upset and she is trying to make an excuse but she doesn't know what to say that won't make you angrier.

I'm glad the babies seem to be OK. Your daughter is probably scared, so let some days pass before you ask her again. When she's quiet and she knows the bunnies are safe, she will probably tell you what happened; right now she saw you're upset and she is trying to make an excuse but she doesn't know what to say that won't make you angrier.

Ido you thing she stunned them? I mean for their back legs to suddenly stop working

im sure if your daughter did do anything she really didnt mean to i no you must of been upset shocked and angry and was confused on what could of happened but im sure your little girl would not hurt them on purpose
i have to confess when i was about your daughters age my mum had two rabbits spot and pipin me and my brother thought it would be funny to put the two together and they made babies well (im not proud of what i did im rather ashamed:() she had a babie what we called tiny and one day i put him in a bucket and sang rock a my baby, i sang it to sleep so i thought till my mum told me tiny was dead i was mortified and it was my fault the babie died i was very younge and still i am not proud what i did but im sure every1 has hurt and animal by accident :cry::cry::cry:

sorry for the long post

As other people have told you, there are a million reasons why a bunny's rear legs could stop working. It could surely be caused by a physical trauma but it could also be some neurological problem that had little to do with what your daughter did; that's why everyone insisted that you go to the vet's.
Rabbit spines are delicate and if your daughter damaged it, the baby needs immediate care even though it is walking normally now. Rabbits hide the pain very well and by the time they show symptoms, it could be too late.

Glad the babies are doing ok! :wave:

Do you know what was wrong with them? Did you get them to a vet?

Aw - i am glad they've seen the vet and are ok.

xxxx

I'm not sure they have seen a vet, unless I've missed something elsewhere. :(

I'm glad the kits appear much better this morning, but I would still advise a vet's visit to give them a once over (it should be much cheaper now it's not 'out of hours') - especially since you can't be sure whether your daughter just frightened them or they were injured. :)

I'm glad the kits appear much better this morning, but I would still advise a vet's visit to give them a once over (it should be much cheaper now it's not 'out of hours') - especially since you can't be sure whether your daughter just frightened them or they were injured. :)

I thought they had seen a vet too. If they haven't I have to agree, they still need to.

Oh sorry - i just assumed.

Hope they are ok though and 100% ok!! xxx

I'm glad the kits seem better now.
It would still be a good idea to take them to the vets though and get them checked over just to make sure they are definitely ok.

Back