• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A whine about frozen water bottles.... sorry...

bensonlola

Warren Veteran
.... but I changed the buns bottle at around 5.30. The spout was frozen and I went out there at 9.30 ish - frozen again! I don't wanna go to bed. I wanna sit up all night changing bunny water bottles.

Does everyone else just accept its gonna freeze and change it when they can? The buns seem ok but it must be so frustrating when they cant get a drink. They have a bowl in the shed but it freezes too!

The buns will go for the water when i come out like crazy. They know to drink when it's available. I'd be more worried if everytime they came to drink it was frozen. It's minus 10 degrees here now and due to drop to minus 13. Ridiculous weather! I think everyone is trying there best. I wouldn't stay up, just get some sleep and do them first thing. The buns will be okay as long as they have access to water at points in the day. I know what you mean though. These temperatures are nerve racking.

It's not a huge worry for me as Spenser drinks so little. I think Mum saw him lapping the other day, but it's weeks since I've caught him at it. He doesn't rush to the bowl when I replace it either.

Yeehaaa! The water wasn't frozen this morning :D
I've been giving Storm & Mallow a bowl of water instead of the bottle and have been heating it in the microwave every few hours to keep the ice off. The novelty wore off very quickly.

Back