• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buttercup is a lazy lump when it's cold!

Blackberry & Co

Wise Old Thumper
I took their fenugreek crunchies out at 5pm. I hadn't seen Butters & Blackie all afternoon as they've dragged piles of hay into their tube under the ledge and made a snuggly nest in there.

Dan & Clo came thudding down from their hutch as soon as they heard me, and Blackie was climbing up the gate to get his.....but no sign of Buttercup :shock:

I called....and I called...and I got a little bit stressed....and then this little black nose pokes out the end of the tube :roll: I had to take the flipping crunchie to him! He grabbed it off me and went back to bed!

I took their fenugreek crunchies out at 5pm. I hadn't seen Butters & Blackie all afternoon as they've dragged piles of hay into their tube under the ledge and made a snuggly nest in there.

Dan & Clo came thudding down from their hutch as soon as they heard me, and Blackie was climbing up the gate to get his.....but no sign of Buttercup :shock:

I called....and I called...and I got a little bit stressed....and then this little black nose pokes out the end of the tube :roll: I had to take the flipping crunchie to him! He grabbed it off me and went back to bed!

A Buttercup after my own heart!! Both of mine are leapin like mad in this weather. Perhaps after you deliver dinner in bed to Butters, you could come over here and make me a cuppa - I'm too cold to go in the kitchen!!:D

A Buttercup after my own heart!! Both of mine are leapin like mad in this weather. Perhaps after you deliver dinner in bed to Butters, you could come over here and make me a cuppa - I'm too cold to go in the kitchen!!:D

I'd post a suitable reply to that - but I might get banned :lol::lol::lol:

I really do object to Buttercup being called a 'lazy lump' :no: He is just making sure that his dignity is kept intact. No thudding down or climbing the gate from daddy bun. :lol::lol::lol:

I really do object to Buttercup being called a 'lazy lump' :no: He is just making sure that his dignity is kept intact. No thudding down or climbing the gate from daddy bun. :lol::lol::lol:

I think he would probably only poke his nose out because he still had his pyjamas on - he won't come out and be seen unless he has his dressing gown and slippers on :lol:

Daisy-Boo and Salt are both like this in the morning! Pippin and Pepper come running straight out for breakfast, but I have to throw the greens up to lazy Daisy and sleepy Salt!

Daisy-Boo and Salt are both like this in the morning! Pippin and Pepper come running straight out for breakfast, but I have to throw the greens up to lazy Daisy and sleepy Salt!

:lol: Dan & Clo are eager beavers for breakfast, but Butters will just sit and look at me, and Blackie staggers out of bed to see what's going on but isn't really with it (mind you, I do take breakfast out at 6.30 when its still dark!)

I've got the 2 ends of the spectrum. This morning I opened up and put breakfast in - Sparkle nearly took my hand off because I haven't yet mastered the art of opening the door, removing last nights bowl and replacing it with a full one in less than 1 second. :shock:
Kane shot out into the snow and started his 'snow swimming' routine.
He came back a few minutes later to find her ladyship had eaten all the good bits :roll:
Sparkle then made her way to the big run to find the next food supply - while Kane went off exploring in the jungle (bamboo forest in the corner of the garden) :?

Back