• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Food dilema.

Barney rubble

Warren Scout
Marley has been with us for a month now and have been changing her food from museli mix to SS. We've done the changing slowly, just adding a few ss pellets and last week finally changed it complety over to ss, and she was eating it fine but now the last two days is refusing ss all together. and I have no idea why :roll: she's fine in every other way, eating hay, greens, herbs. She's drinking and pooping fine. Luckily there was some of her old food left and she has had a bit of this, this morning cause I was worried she'd not had "enough"
Has anyone else had this problem or have any ideas why/what to do??

Helen xx

If she is fine and nomming hay and some veg I wouldn't worry just yet about her refusing her SS. As long as she's not underweight and her teeth are ok I would leave the pellets for a day or two then try offering them as a treat. If she accepts then scatter a few amongst her favourite hay so she can discover them for herself. Personally I wouldn't revert back to the muesli mix. The mainstay of a rabbits diet is grass or hay so the pellets aren't as important so don't worry that she isn't getting enough :wave:

I took mine off pellets completely and they don't seem to miss them at all, despite the fact that they would have eaten an entire bag in one sitting if they had the chance.
Maybe she is getting enough nutrition from her hay and veggies.
after all, buns wouldn't get pellets or muesli in the wild and if I'm not mistaken, eating pellets encourages the 'wrong' way of eating for their teeth.
if she is eating other stuff and drinking, pooping etc then its not too much of a concern for now.

Thank you Bunslave and JLG :wave: I may take her to the vets tomorrow just to get her teeth checked to be on the safe side, she isn't her usual self so am keeping a close eye on her, she's still nomming, but her poops are rather on the small side this afternoon, can't be too carefull and with christmas only around the corner :?

:wave: best idea to be on the safe side. We have a vet trip tomorrow as well as cheeky's eyes are watering. Just what I need just before Xmas :roll:
Hope everything is ok with Marley :bunny:

Back