• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So Angry Could Do A Murder

elaine

Mama Doe
I am so angry it is untrue, it takes alot to get me mad but yes a branch of the rspca in the local area has totally wound me up to no end.

The thing is I know everyone is the same position but I was referred a lady who had 6 rabbits dumped at hte back of her house, she phoned the certain branch and was told we don't take strays but we are well over our limit, then refer her to the call centre who say they can't help either, she then goes back to the branch and gets the same reply. I mean it is ok for me to have to be over my limit but heaven help they wouldn't dream of helping someone who is stuck. I always thought that we were supposed to help animals but when you think how much rspca get off people they certainly don't help. I mean I don't get any help like they do I mean all the money they get in I have to like most rescues manage off rehomings which are non existant at the moment making very little money in the rescue....rant over...

agree... ugh, sorry Elaine it's been such a problem :(

RSPCA is area funded, isn't it? So yours could be a particularly bad area.

What's happened to the buns now?

what option did I have they have had to come here, they are prob about 5-10 months so if they are mixed then I am going to have to get them neutered quickly or there will be babies, yes branches are funded privately but this particular branch think they are above everyone else and know everything
I am goign to take a deep breath now and calm

ummm

I do wonder if anyone would be willing to put my rabbits on the rabbits in need if i email them across as I just don't have the time, and maybe then some would start moving
and on thursday I have to find space for a mum and 6 wk old babies I am well unimpressed at the moment. Plus tonight I had a rabbit come in from the police, they have had it running round in a cell which has amused me no end,

I can see why you are frustrated. :(
I hope some of your bunnies will be rehomed soon. Perhaps you can ask SOAD to put them on rabbits in need.

Back