• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

heart scan for zuzu in morning

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
had to cancel the other booking as she ran and hid..we had to pay the taxi bloke somehting poor thing sat there for ages....
i couldnt find her...she hid...gods only knows where but in typical cat mode she knew it was her going to the vet even tho the box was upstairs being used as a bed and i hadnt gone up there!

so its been rebooked and is tomorrow....

thankfully the vet is able to take her from the branch surgery in cowplain to the hospital in shedfield...phew! with the snow i wasnt sure theyd be able to to!

its going to be fun..starve from midnite....that means kits too:shock:
and drop her off at 10am..mm means i will be able to use food as a ploy going to feed the kits then rugby tackling zuzu and carry her squirming and hissing to the cat carrier...or she will know anmd hide until 11am or later tomorrow:lol::lol:

shes only 4...but her brother died in front of us in the lounge with heart failure. the vet hed been seeing since he was a kitten diagnosed a very mild heart murmur..then it got worse and he kept getting ill..he was suffering anal gland infections and was given antbx each time. he had blood panels done etc to see why he was so ill....he wasnt covbered for his heart by petplan as it was pre existing condition..but the bloods was to find out why he was ill..over £200 and pet plan said..no its a pre existing condition...hed been ill with a temp before:shock:

anyhoo zuzu was diagnosed with a heart murmur the other week when we finally got merlin back. the vet said it was on one side and very mild..we could leave it see how she goes..or because of her brothers history and early death aged 3 almost 4 then a heart scan would be another option.
we had to go back to animed and get downlands to liase with them as downlands hospital is in bognor regis!

so im taking her to animed tomorrow..hopefully!! and she will have a scan and bloods..shes covered 100% by petplan so fingers crossed...

i am worried shell do a runenr again....i need to have her sorted...if salem had started the meds when the other vets diagnosed his murmur..instead of waiting and having to go to animed as he got worse..then he could still be alive today:(

so this is zuzus chance of finding out if her heart is going to be ok for a while or whether or not shell need to be kept an eye on and scanned every 6 months.

fingers crossed!

oh no hun...whats wrong?

well got her back..everythings in normal parameters and it is still a mild murmur...BUT we have to keep an eye on her and have her rescanned perhaps in another 6 motnhs if the bloodworks deem a problem.

i had to take bluebell in when i picked zuzu up...a poorly bun whose sister died a few weeks ago..its been soo stressful.

Good to hear that Zuzu's scan was as positive as it could be and fingers crossed any future blood tests come back normal so she doesn't need scanning again.

Hope Bluebell is feeling better soon.

How is your daughter doing with her ankle?

Back