• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

upset and angry

ZoeLou

Warren Scout
Please don't judge me when i tell you what's happened i had no one else to turn to regarding my kits.
I let them out for a little run on sofa nipped into kitchen for couple of seconds if that. . My 4year old daughter was in the room.
Came back in and they was dragging their back legs and was floppy. . You can imagine how i reacted towards ava she did something. . After a few minutes they are moving a lot better but what ever she as done they look very traumaticed. . Little limp but ok.
What as she done? I feel so bad. . I couldn't look at ava i made her dad take her to bed. . She knows the score NOT to hurt animals. . Will they be ok?

I don't have a clue whether she was rough with othem! I don't think i could cope if anything happened to these. I love my pets i look after them very well and spent a fortune on them that some people would never for a rabbit x

There are many things that could have happened- it is sadly very easy to accidently hurt a bunny. They really need to see a vet urgently to rule out fractures etc.
On the way you could try asking her calmly and quietly what happened and she may be able to tell you. She may have dropped them, or tried to cuddle them and squeezed too hard. The main thing is to get them checked by a vet.

I would get them to a vet... Could you take them tomorrow? Even if they are looking better? They might be in pain :(

Im sure your daughter didnt mean any harm... But i hope that they are ok :(

were they still on the sofa when you came back in the room.......would she not tell you what she has done?

I think it's a little unfair to 'not be able to look' at your daughter. Whatever happened could have easily been a mistake, or they can just have a congenital problem.
Anyway, goes without saying VETS!
Good luck! :wave:

Dont blame yourself and Ava wont have done it out of nastiness - just not knowing how to treat/handle them.

Can you ask her nicely what she thinks may have happened? A trip to the vets might not be a bad idea though.

Hope they are ok xxx

Yes they was on sofa. . She said lots of different things. When i said i couldn't look at her i meant i was so angry and worried. Vets tom x

I no how you feel i stupidly left my son to put one of my baby bunnys back
in the run well he dropped the poor thing and stood on it it ran under the shed
where it died i couldnt bear my son near me even though it was an accident
i told him he had to be more careful i was so angry with myself and him

She said she bashed them first time. . With a pan but the pans were in cupboard. . I can't remember what else she said. Thanks for support x

Yeah i do think she would of handled them rough. . They are 5 weeks old really getting on well after been orphaned last week. God i am so mad x

how are the kits now?
maybe as you take good care of your buns she may be a little jealous?? dont be too hard on her as shes only 4 and proberly doesnt realise what damage can be done when she is being nasty. :?
hopefully they will be fine.

I think they are traumatised to be honest. . I put them on sofa and one was walking loads better so was the other one. They are sat cuddling up. I am praying they are ok.

Back