• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny house temperatures

Grin

Wise Old Thumper
What's the temp like with your buns?

It's 1.4 degrees C with my two in the outhouse. :shock: I'm sure it will get much colder overnight.

I'm off to do their snugglesafes now.

Does no-one monitor the temperatures? Or is it just me??

Wondering about how cold is cold and whether the outhouse is really actually offering protection.

Louie's base is in our conservatory which has no heating but he seems to prefer it colder and stays in there to escape the heat in the rest of the house!

it was 12 degrees when we got home from work the other day after the heating had been off all day. right now its 18 degrees as the heating goes on for an hour every morning :wave:

I use Honey's water bowl as my temperature gauge. Her water bowl is inside the hutch so if it freezes then it has gone below freezing in her hutch. It has only happened once before today, where it has happened again. She has snugglesafes to cosy up to, and she had two together last night, which still had a bit of heat in them this morning. As we are having similar temperatures for the rest of the week I'm thinking of bringing her into the conservatory.

I never thought of using the water bowl as a gauge. It's never frozen yet.

The outhouse isnt heated but they have snugglesafes so wondering if i should get heating in there or if they'll be ok really. Thing is, i think if it gets heated, it might cause condensation??

Temp for my buns is currently the same as my house temp :) Probably around 40degrees :) Although, with this weather... my heating isn't doing too much! It still feels freezing!

Dexie is upstairs with me though trashing my room so he's probably nice and warm :) And Pumples is in her cage with the kits in the kitchen with towels over her so she's probably snug too :)

Not had any frozen water yet but I'd be super worried if I did... I'd be on the verge of hypothermia!

Indoors? Its around 68F in here.

What's that in degrees C???

Am shocked my keyboard doesnt have a tiny o at the top! :shock: :lol:

ETA: 68F = 20C - my house is usually about 25C (ish) while the outhouse has been a constant (ish) temperature of 1-2C

I'm sooo tempted to heat in there.

Last edited:
20-23 degrees in this bunny house! :D:lol:

Don't forget - temp at floor level is always a few degrees less than your thermometer says up in the air! ;)

Back