• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my male lionhead stinks why???

kk_kayla

Mama Doe
hi, ive my male lionhead has only recently started to really smell...when i clean his cage i am almost sick. also the other day i put him on my bed and he pooes and weed everywhere...and it really stinks...its only since i seperated him from the females??
any answers as to why this is??

im getting him done after xmas
he eat timothy hay....and pets at home rabbit nuggets mixed with a little pets at home museli.

My male lionhead smelt too, I'm also getting him done after christmas:)
Apparently that helps. And the reason I asked about diet is because since I introduced a variety of different vegetables to his diet every day, his poo has completely stopped smelling:)

i cant really handle him at the minute hes very aggressive and jumps out of my hands....he done it last week and he fell on the floor....so untill i get him fixed i cant check.

check to see if his bum is clean,I've recently had a lionhead who wouldnt eat his caecals and they were sticking to his bum-dirty and smelly :mrgreen:

oh man ill have to get my dad to come round and hold him whilst i have a look he better at keeping hold of him than me

It probably is his hormones. My Smudge stank before he was done, I still smell that smell occasionally when he gets a bit randy.

Back