• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those with buns indoor in winter and outdoor in summer...

When do you usually put them back outside? And what is the earliest that they can go back outside? Im just wondering as Dolly has put all of her weight back on and is causing havvock in my room! :lol: Theyve lost their winter coats now too, so its too late to put them back out.

Im thinking March or April :wave: I think Liz (hugosthere) said it needs to be atleast 8 degrees over night before we can put them out :)
I need to judge when its to cold outside before its too hot in the conservatory :? Dont know if my two would be different because they're on the conservatory

last year i got my 2 male outside rabbits around the end of february and it wasnt to cold or anything at that time.

My rabbits are completely indoor from November - April. The rest of the time they live outside during the day and come in at night. ;)

Thanks everyone :D

8degrees, -10 degrees.... :shock: Think i might be having sleepless nights for a while yet!! :lol:

*prays for a warm spring/summer*

Thanks everyone :D

8degrees, -10 degrees.... :shock: Think i might be having sleepless nights for a while yet!! :lol:

*prays for a warm spring/summer*

I know exactly how you feel. My old bun Blaise was HORRIBLE inside. I couldn't get a wink of sleep with him in my room. I am lucky enough to have a spare bedroom downstairs that I put him in...but my entire family still heard him making a ruckus from all the way downstairs :shock::roll::lol:
Spring will be here before you know it.
In the meantime, try covering the cage with a blanket? Or giving treats or veg just before bedtime so they are occupied?
That's all the advice I can offer :wave:

I know exactly how you feel. My old bun Blaise was HORRIBLE inside. I couldn't get a wink of sleep with him in my room. I am lucky enough to have a spare bedroom downstairs that I put him in...but my entire family still heard him making a ruckus from all the way downstairs :shock::roll::lol:
Spring will be here before you know it.
In the meantime, try covering the cage with a blanket? Or giving treats or veg just before bedtime so they are occupied?
That's all the advice I can offer :wave:

Their evening base is bigger than my bed. Its 6x4, i dont think i have a blanket that will go over it! and it wont stop her making a racket! :lol: What can i say, she looooves her toys!!

Back