PDA

View Full Version : Those with buns indoor in winter and outdoor in summer...

RampantRabbits
20-12-2010, 05:50 PM
When do you usually put them back outside? And what is the earliest that they can go back outside? Im just wondering as Dolly has put all of her weight back on and is causing havvock in my room! :lol: Theyve lost their winter coats now too, so its too late to put them back out.

Charliesangel
20-12-2010, 05:54 PM
I used to do it March-April. I liked to have all the snow off the ground before they went back out :wave:

RampantRabbits
20-12-2010, 05:58 PM
I used to do it March-April. I liked to have all the snow off the ground before they went back out :wave:

Im praying for a heatwave :lol: Shes driving me mad! I dont take kindly to having my beauty sleep disturbed. Marley is a little angel.

Georgeypudding
20-12-2010, 06:27 PM
Im thinking March or April :wave: I think Liz (hugosthere) said it needs to be atleast 8 degrees over night before we can put them out :)
I need to judge when its to cold outside before its too hot in the conservatory :? Dont know if my two would be different because they're on the conservatory

kk_kayla
20-12-2010, 06:28 PM
last year i got my 2 male outside rabbits around the end of february and it wasnt to cold or anything at that time.

Tasmin's MOB
20-12-2010, 06:31 PM
:lol::lol::lol: naughty little Dolly, I can't help you Sophia sorry but I will keep my fingers crossed for a heat wave! xx

tanya_306
20-12-2010, 06:42 PM
My rabbits are completely indoor from November - April. The rest of the time they live outside during the day and come in at night. ;)

RampantRabbits
20-12-2010, 07:23 PM
Thanks everyone :D

8degrees, -10 degrees.... :shock: Think i might be having sleepless nights for a while yet!! :lol:

*prays for a warm spring/summer*

Charliesangel
20-12-2010, 07:35 PM
Thanks everyone :D

8degrees, -10 degrees.... :shock: Think i might be having sleepless nights for a while yet!! :lol:

*prays for a warm spring/summer*

I know exactly how you feel. My old bun Blaise was HORRIBLE inside. I couldn't get a wink of sleep with him in my room. I am lucky enough to have a spare bedroom downstairs that I put him in...but my entire family still heard him making a ruckus from all the way downstairs :shock::roll::lol:
Spring will be here before you know it.
In the meantime, try covering the cage with a blanket? Or giving treats or veg just before bedtime so they are occupied?
That's all the advice I can offer :wave:

RampantRabbits
20-12-2010, 08:44 PM
I know exactly how you feel. My old bun Blaise was HORRIBLE inside. I couldn't get a wink of sleep with him in my room. I am lucky enough to have a spare bedroom downstairs that I put him in...but my entire family still heard him making a ruckus from all the way downstairs :shock::roll::lol:
Spring will be here before you know it.
In the meantime, try covering the cage with a blanket? Or giving treats or veg just before bedtime so they are occupied?
That's all the advice I can offer :wave:

Their evening base is bigger than my bed. Its 6x4, i dont think i have a blanket that will go over it! and it wont stop her making a racket! :lol: What can i say, she looooves her toys!!