• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

met the neighbours...

VikkiVet

Mama Doe
I've been living in my house for about 4 months now but never met the neighbours.

Let the buns out for some free-ranging in the snow (watched them out the window while eating lunch) but then Kylo disappeared.

I shut the girls inside then went searching - two holes through the snow and earth under the fence into the neighbour's garden....

So i go over there and their gate onto the drive and main road is open!! :shock::shock::shock: But the neighbour is helping to start the next neighbour's car and hasnt seen him.

So both of us search, with his teenage daughters, with a bit of sleuthing and following bunny-hop-prints in the snow.

I decided to go back and double check the garden, only to realise in my haste i had shut myself out of the house!! :oops::oops::oops: So I had to go back to the neighbours to ask for a ladder to climb over their fence into my garden! :oops::oops::oops::oops:

Anyhew, eventually i found Kylo asleep under a tree! :roll::roll::roll: Glad the neighbours are nice anyway! And said they'd keep an eye incase he escapes again! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Atleast they are friendly and will keep an eye out!
Naughty Bunny!

I remember when i had to search neighbours gardens for my first rabbit Harvey... Only to find out he got himself in the garage and on the highest shelf :? :roll: :lol:

Have a similar thing with my neighbours occasionly Molly discreetly digs a hole and squeezes her fat bottom under the fence into next door.
If i have not realised they shout to me and say just climb over.
Think they enjoy seeing me chase around after her until she flops on the grass and almost puts her paws in the air and says i surrender.
They leave a chair the side of the fence so i can climb back.
Funny how she never goes the other side as they have a dog (who is very old and would be more scared than her) just stamps her feet if he is in the garden:wave:.

My Bridge bunny Bobby once squeezed into the neighbours (still no idea how he did it, it's supposed to be completely enclosed). I nearly had heart failure as they have a dog, fortunately the dog was in the house. I went racing round (had seen him digging in the flower bed :lol::lol:) and he just sat in the middle of the lawn with mud all over his whiskers looking very pleased with himself :love:. I picked him up straight away - he obviously knew he wasn't supposed to be there cos he was always hard to pick up, and took him home, he never did it again :lol::lol::love:

Glad your bunny is ok!

Just noticed my neighbours are moving, YAY! I don't have to have her wake me up early mornings anymore listening to her screaming at her child :D
Glad Kylo is safe and sound and that your neighbours seem nice!

Not actually sure if he went next door - may have been some prints on that side! seemed a bit miffed when i woke him up. i have never seen any foxes or cats - the fences are very high and have barbed wire around 2 sides and a massive wheely bin store at the back so i doubt they can get in. But i wouldnt risk it. Was probably only 30-45 mins total he was "lost" but felt like a lot longer!

Glad you found him safe and sound. Also good that the neighbours are bunny-friendly in case of future escapades.

Naughty Kylo... i can imagine him being asleep under the tree the whole time, hes that type of bunny :lol: xx

Naughty Kylo... i can imagine him being asleep under the tree the whole time, hes that type of bunny :lol: xx

Usually he is VERY good at coming to a whistle or his name (even if he does run slightly in the wrong direction! :roll:....) so i was surprised he hadn't heard me. I thought he was the sweet innocent incorruptible one, i was wrong!!

Back