• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescues & vet bills?

molly35

Mama Doe
I don't even know why I am asking this but all of you who run rescues do you get a 'special' rate for neutering & vets bills?

Only on vaccines, where we get about £7 off.

Our vet bills stand at about £740 and with no funding, and it being the wrong time of year for fundraising, we have this bill outstanding with no idea when we will get money in for it to start going down :(

Only on vaccines, where we get about £7 off.

Our vet bills stand at about £740 and with no funding, and it being the wrong time of year for fundraising, we have this bill outstanding with no idea when we will get money in for it to start going down :(

Not that having a huge vet bill is good but thank you for putting that thought out of my mind.

What happens to bunnies that are picked up as strays but there isnt a rescue place available for them?

We normally refer them to the other local rescue in Essex at Leigh-On-Sea, or ask them to take to their local vet practice.

Most of the time it is vets that call about strays, rather than members of the public. The last time we were called about a stray, was Willoughby,who is now called Herman Bunster and lives with Liz :love:

He was "apparently" found in a garden, with severe malloclusion, and found to have severe molar problems when with us and under GA. When at Lizs' he was estimated to be about 7 years old and has liver cancer :( who is now called Herman Bunster and lives with Liz :love:

What if there wasn't another local rescue or they didn't have places? What do the vets do with them? Where do most of your buns come from?

Sorry for all the questions.

Most vets will rehome through themselves if need be, if there is no available rescue spots.

Most of our buns came from members of the public who found us through the website, rabbit rehome, or yellow pages.

Back