• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescuerabbit in the snow! U/D: New pictures.. Page 3&4!

Dollie

Warren Scout
I started photographing all the rabbits in the rescue I work at again yesterday, hoping a nice picture would help them find a new forever home a bit sooner! These are only about 25 of more than 90 rabbits that we have now.. If anyone happens to fall in love with one of these wonderfull rabbits.. They're waiting in rabbitrescue Aa & Hunze, the Netherlands.. :p:wave:

rick1.JPG

Starting with Rick! Rick is a buck, age unknown, he was found by the animalrescue and brought to us. Rick is (almost) blind but isn't really bothered by it at all.

smokey2.JPG

Smokey, buck, was found by the animalrescue too, age unknown. He's a bit shy but still lovely!

melody2.JPG

melody5.JPG

melody3.JPG

Up next is Melody, a Mini-Rex, age unknown. Her owners didn't want her any more so they brought her to us. As you can see, she really enjoyed being outside in the snow!

dwerg2.JPG

dwerg3.JPG

This is Dwerg, which is Dutch for Dwarf. Obviously he's not actually a dwarf, I'm not sure where he got that name from.. He's still young, born in May this year.

macho3.JPG

macho1.JPG

And here we have Macho. We're not sure about his age but he's still young.

Reggie1.JPG

Lovely girl Reggie.. She was left behind when her owners moved.. Can you imagine?!

maurits3.JPG

maurits4.JPG
'

This beauty is called Maurits. He was dumped at a petting zoo.

elin1.JPG

elin2.JPG

elin3.JPG

Sweet little Elin. Her owner got sick and couldn't take care of her any more. She's slightly overweight but nothing a healthy lifestyle won't fix.

annelies2.JPG

Annelies, she was found on the streets. Probably a Mini Rex mix.

Last edited:
jack1.JPG

jack3.JPG

Lovely lop Jack is enjoying the view.

katja2.JPG

katja3.JPG

katja6.JPG

Katja, one of my favourites. Her owners left her behind, together with Reggie.

carlos1.JPG

Carlos, a young buck.

vinny1.JPG

Vinny, another young buck.. We've got plenty of them!

hanos2.JPG

Hanos, a one year old buck. His owners brought him to the rescue because he was boring them............

IMG_1923.JPG

Penn, born in July 2009, was supposed to end up as ehm.. Christmasdinner.. Fortunately someone brought him and his family to us.

houdini4.JPG

Houdini, who isn't actually a Houdini, fortunately. :p

diesel2.JPG

And my favourite.. Diesel.. He's not that pretty but he's so sweet.. Unbelievable!

IMG_1943.JPG

That's Diesel again, on my lap.. He almost fell asleep, so relaxt! :love:

eddy2.JPG

And little Eddy!

:wave:

Oh my there are some gorgeous bunnies there :love::love: Well done on helping out, hope they all find homes soon. Do you have anything like the Rabbit Rehome website in Holland?

Oh my there are some gorgeous bunnies there :love::love: Well done on helping out, hope they all find homes soon. Do you have anything like the Rabbit Rehome website in Holland?

Not exactly, there is a website with rescue animals in general but only rabbitrescues that are part of the Animalprotection (Dutch RSPCA) are connected to that website I believe. And of all the rabbitrescues in the Netherlands, there's only a handfull that works with the RSPCA.. It's called Animalprotection but Cats and dogs protection would have been a better name..

We do have our own website of course, www.opvangaaenhunze.nl, where you can see all the animals that are currently waiting for a new home. But maybe it's a wonderfull idea to start a website like Rabbit Rehome... It's not always easy to find a rescue nearby. Sometimes because they're simply not there, but also because they can be hard to find.. Thanks for the idea!

But maybe it's a wonderfull idea to start a website like Rabbit Rehome... It's not always easy to find a rescue nearby. Sometimes because they're simply not there, but also because they can be hard to find.. Thanks for the idea!

If you are going to do that you should pm Tamsin on here, it was her who set up and runs the rabbit rehome site, I am sure she could give you some ideas and help :)

They all gorgeous and there are some absolute stunners. My mouth dropped open at Maurits.

If you are going to do that you should pm Tamsin on here, it was her who set up and runs the rabbit rehome site, I am sure she could give you some ideas and help :)

I'll do that! I already contacted someone who works at the "Stichting Konijnen Belangen", Foundation for Rabbits Interests you could call it I think.. They do many things for rabbits in the Netherlands. I'm hoping they/we can set up something like Rabbitrehome. :D would be wonderfull.

Some very gorgeous bunnies!!
Glad you arent near me.. i would want them all! :oops:

I hope they all find their forever homes soon!

:love::love::love::love::love:

I cant stop looking at them :oops:

SO. How do I go about importing livestock from the Netherlands then? :lol:

They are some really lovely bunnies :love::love:

xxx

Wowee, you have some lovely lovely rabbits there. :love::love::love::love: I hope its not too long before you find wonderful homes for them all. So lucky they found their way to your rescue xx

Back