• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Megazorb Vs Aubiose

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
Just trying out different beddings again....

I can't find anywhere local that sells Megazorb :roll: But i can find it on the internet for stupidly cheap however, that does mean waiting etc.

I have a local store (10 mins away) who sell Aubiose for £12/bale. Is that a good price?

So which would you use? This would be in a 32L underbed storage tray which is their litter tray.

Sorry for another bedding thread from me :(

Sorry don't know about the aubiose as not used it but I switched to megazorb from wood pellet cat litter and for 2 buns with one large corner tray a sack of megazorb lasts well over a month.

I noticed you posted the other day about either biscuit or ginger digging all the litter out of their tray, well Jessy used to do that and i've found that putting a much much thinner layer of megazorb in seems to have pretty much stopped it, there was me thinking a deep layer would be nice and comfy for them under-bottom but they seem to prefer being on something more solid!

I've used aubiose and megasorb and found them both to be good, absorbant and non smelly.

I tend to stick with megasorb for the indoor piggies (a) because it feels "softer" than aubiose but (b) mainly because I have to lug it upstairs and a bale of aubiose weighs a ton!

I have tried both in the buns litter trays and they work equally well, the price you have been quoted is about what I pay here and the bale lasts ages.:D

I never thought to use aubiose....im running very low on megazorb and was panicking due to time of year but I have loads of aubiose as a substrate for my snakes.....problem solved x

Back