• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

First time owner

Alicia

Mama Doe
I don't have any rabbits yet (and it will probably be a couple of years until I can get one :( ) but I am thinking about them already :lol: I think in the future I'd like a small breed of rabbit, what gender, breed and age do you think is good for first time owners?

I don't have any rabbits yet (and it will probably be a couple of years until I can get one :( ) but I am thinking about them already :lol: I think in the future I'd like a small breed of rabbit, what gender, breed and age do you think is good for first time owners?

I'm interested in finding this out too :)

Any! :lol:

The larger ones do tend to be more mellow, the smaller ones more active and sometimes more aggressive. Both males and females are fantastic but you'll want to get two and bond them (or get a pair that are already bonded). They will need to be spayed/neutered as soon as they're ready regardless of gender as this helps with health and behaviour as well as no accidental litters. :)

I'd recommend sorting out a habitat for two bunnies and then going to a few shelters to pick out suitable bunnies. :thumb: They'll already be spayed/neutered, some may already be bonded or they can help with bonding.

AMETHYST

Back