• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cecily Sweetpea is Having an Unconcious Dental - Home Safe and Well

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
tomorrow, and I'd love anyone who can to send her some healing please for a safe journey through the anaesthetic. She is in the best hands, Ivan who has operated on her when she needed her incisors removing, her abcess opening and her spay, but that's an awful lot of GA's for a little bun weighing in at about 650gs max.

So provided the weather doesn't get in the way she's off early in the morning. She needs a regrown single incisor removing. It's grown back from the original damaged root and has corkscrewed round and back so it's not going to be an easy job. It was already tipped off a touch but not too much to give Ivan something to get hold of, so hopefully as it's regrowth it might come out a little more easily than original teeth.

Anyway, thank you for reading.

Last edited:
Wishing her the safest of journeys & rapid recovery from her anaesthetic.

If it helps you, although my bun is bigger at 3 kilo, he's had monthly anaesthetics for dentals for 2 years, & sails through them.

Sending lots of vibes.... I never realised from photos just how teeny Cecily Sweetpea is. :love::love::love:

Lots of vibes for the beautiful Cecily Sweetpea. WIll be thinking of her today and waiting for news. xxx

This little girl is so special.(you KNOW I think that).
Vibes galore coming her way.xxxxx

Thank you lovely people.

She is home safe and well.

Amazingly she came round from the GA very quickly, despite it taking a little while as the tooth didn't want to be extracted easily, and practically starting nomming her pellets immediately. I swear she's not a rabbit!

I have never seen another rabbit recover from GA's as well as she does. I know Ivan must be particularly careful with the mix because she's so tiny, but it is amazing that she picks right up afterwards.

I think it's what can be called 'bunny spirit'.

I've not doubt that people's positive thoughts helped massively - that's lots of energy, so thank you. x

Back