• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It's staggeringly cold out there...

Candiflare

Mama Doe
I was wrapped up but still finding it hard to breathe and walk out to the buns this evening...

I don't know how they're standing it...the weather forecast says it's -10 here I'm just sitting up worried about them...

Awww cant you bring them inside till this horrid weather passes
its -5 here, wish i had a big home to let all outside bunnys in ;) be fun lol

It got to -13 here the other night and the buns were fine. They have plenty of straw and hay to snuggle in, and their snugglesafes (which I don't think they use!!). We got in last night and it was about -6 and they were playing around in the run still.

I just went out to change waters and give them a refreshed snugglesafe, they were puffed up like fluff balls but otherwise fine. my fingers on the other hand went completely and utterly numb to the point I balled up my hand trying to keep them warm and couldn't unball my fingers, they wouldn't move until I came back in and thawed out. it's so bitter out there!

I'm sure they will be fine Kate. I've been worrying about mine but all they are worried about is getting out in the run and breakfast:roll:

It aint as cold here (for a change), but i still had two hats on while walking to work.

I was wrapped up but still finding it hard to breathe and walk out to the buns this evening...

I don't know how they're standing it...the weather forecast says it's -10 here I'm just sitting up worried about them...

Apparently it was -20 in parts of the West Midlands last night, and this cold snap will go on into the New Year.

To be honest, if mine were outside bunnies I would be adding barley rings to their diet. They would need the extra calories to help them maintain body temperature.

it was absoloutley freezing in my bed room dont know wat the temp is outside but i can exactly see stream coming out of my mouth. feeling sorry for the rabbit but he seems to be doing okay he probs hasnt noticed. he is really loving the pen ive made a couple more improvement now which means he most def cannot escape the pen like he did yesterday. the only problem is flooring cant get it to stay put cause rabbit keeps digging it up.

I would love to clean them out today but it's pointless and I need to conserve the bedding that I've got to keep them warm because I may not be able to get more...

They have the hay they sit and poo on and the hay they eat and for them it's two very different things. If I clean them out I'll have to put the hay I've bought for them to eat as they bedding.

Back