• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Animals in Need Northampton - THE BUNNIES!

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
Today I went and dropped off the first secret santa prezzie for the bunnies at AINN :D
The lucky recipient wont be on this thread though ;)
This little lady and her husbun don't have names yet as they have only just arrived. They were so very friendly though :love:
019-2.jpg

022-1.jpg

030-1.jpg

This wee boy is either Johnny, Jimmy or Jack :lol: three dutch X's VERY cute :love:
024-2.jpg

This is Pepsi, a lovely little girlie, another dutch X (not sure if her and the boys are related though)
025-3.jpg

026-3.jpg

This is Cherry, she was being advertised on freeadd's :(
031-1.jpg

These loppy girls are Misty and Caramel, 8 month old sisters
035-2.jpg

036-1.jpg

037.jpg

039-4.jpg

This is Sage and Polo(REW) two nethies a husbun and wifey (polo is the wifey) SOOOO CUTE! Im sure I met these two this summer.
041-1.jpg

043-1.jpg

045-1.jpg

Aww :love:

I see they have rabbit mix food in their bowls?
Do they not feed pellets?

Mix rabbit food is bad for bunnies... they can cause blockages, so ive heard.

Aww :love:

I see they have rabbit mix food in their bowls?
Do they not feed pellets?

Mix rabbit food is bad for bunnies... they can cause blockages, so ive heard.

Im not sure I think I saw some with pellets :? I don't work there so I dont have the authority to make comments about the way they keep thier bunnies. I may suggest they swap them onto A+P as it is so cheap though when I email them :)

Im not sure I think I saw some with pellets :? I don't work there so I dont have the authority to make comments about the way they keep thier bunnies. I may suggest they swap them onto A+P as it is so cheap though when I email them :)

Oh right ok :thumb: :wave:
Would be good to email them, but i understand that they might not take any notice :roll: :lol:

Worth a try though :D

Some very gorgeous bunnies! :love:

They are all gorgeous, the Caramel bunny looks like my Jura :)

I don't think mix is bad for every rabbit, lots of bunnies do very well on it!

I imagen that it would be cheaper for them to be on A+P so they might be interested :) they are all soooo friendly! I was surprised how friendly the girlies are as they dont spey females. All of them came up to see me :lol:

lovely bunnies! :love:

regarding the mix food, I feed mine on a mix and they both do incredibly well on it, I've chosen this one especially (chudleys rabbit royale) for it's close to natural content and fibre amount. Noisette used to get statis bouts on pellets and ever since changing, never had a problem since :) I personally would recommend it to someone if they asked, and it's cheap - I pay £9.50 for 15kgs.

lovely bunnies! :love:

regarding the mix food, I feed mine on a mix and they both do incredibly well on it, I've chosen this one especially (chudleys rabbit royale) for it's close to natural content and fibre amount. Noisette used to get statis bouts on pellets and ever since changing, never had a problem since :) I personally would recommend it to someone if they asked, and it's cheap - I pay £9.50 for 15kgs.

thanks for letting me know :wave: A+P is only £8 for a 20kg bag :thumb: will also suggest RR if they are keen on feeding mix :wave:

They are all VERY cute rabbits, cant wait to go back with thier next present :lol:

Thank you for posting the photos of the Animals in Need bunnies and for helping them with visiting and gifts.

I can only speak highly of this rescue and would like to share a story of how we met. Most people will know of the Lymington bunnies rescue. Trying to find placements for 68 bunnies in days is extremely difficult and we had to phone rescues across the UK, with a lot being full or could only take a couple (for which we were very grateful).

Animals in Need offered to take 14, although I dont think they were expecting 14 single bunnies. I left Hampshire late and eventually got to Northampton at 11.00 pm with their bunnies. They opened up for me to take the bunnies and it was wonderful to see the great accommodation they have and to learn how hard this couple work. They also run Maxicare Dogs and try and save death row dogs in the UK.

Despite turning up with 14 single bunnies and no groups, they improvised to make sure that they took all the 14 bunnies from me.

They pay for their own vet who works on site , who was due in the next day to check all the Lymington bunnies and vaccinate etc.

Fantastic rescue.

Thank you for posting the photos of the Animals in Need bunnies and for helping them with visiting and gifts.

I can only speak highly of this rescue and would like to share a story of how we met. Most people will know of the Lymington bunnies rescue. Trying to find placements for 68 bunnies in days is extremely difficult and we had to phone rescues across the UK, with a lot being full or could only take a couple (for which we were very grateful).

Animals in Need offered to take 14, although I dont think they were expecting 14 single bunnies. I left Hampshire late and eventually got to Northampton at 11.00 pm with their bunnies. They opened up for me to take the bunnies and it was wonderful to see the great accommodation they have and to learn how hard this couple work. They also run Maxicare Dogs and try and save death row dogs in the UK.

Despite turning up with 14 single bunnies and no groups, they improvised to make sure that they took all the 14 bunnies from me.

They pay for their own vet who works on site , who was due in the next day to check all the Lymington bunnies and vaccinate etc.

Fantastic rescue.

How brilliant. It's such a shame I cant be of any help to them as they ask volunteers to work from 8-12 in the mornings which is too long and early for me :(

do you know if anyone of those bunnies were Lymington bunnies :wave: there were two rexes in a carry case and two bunnies with a reserved sign (so I didnt take thier photo) there was also the lucky secret santa bunny who isnt on here ;)

How brilliant. It's such a shame I cant be of any help to them as they ask volunteers to work from 8-12 in the mornings which is too long and early for me :(

do you know if anyone of those bunnies were Lymington bunnies :wave: there were two rexes in a carry case and two bunnies with a reserved sign (so I didnt take thier photo) there was also the lucky secret santa bunny who isnt on here ;)

Im sure they would be grateful for just a couple of hours here and there, if thats all you can do. Even if you only managed to clean out a few bunny hutches it would help. I would email and offer.

I havent recognized any of the Lymington bunnies. Helen might though, if she sees the thread.

Im sure they would be grateful for just a couple of hours here and there, if thats all you can do. Even if you only managed to clean out a few bunny hutches it would help. I would email and offer.

I havent recognized any of the Lymington bunnies. Helen might though, if she sees the thread.

I've already tried but they said because I cant offer the full time at the right time they cant accept me. Will see if there is anything I can do when Im next there though :)

I've already tried but they said because I cant offer the full time at the right time they cant accept me. Will see if there is anything I can do when Im next there though :)

Seems like you've been a good help to them by helping get their Secret Santa parcel delivered. :wave: Love the bunny photos. :love:

That would be good and well done for helping them with the santas.
I notice that they are need for blankets and towels/sheets. etc for their dogs. I keep meaning to put a flyer in my neighbours doors to try and build up a supply.

Seems like you've been a good help to them by helping get their Secret Santa parcel delivered. :wave: Love the bunny photos. :love:

thankyou :oops: I'll be going again Wednesday or Thursday to drop of the parcel I just recived so will see if theres anything I can acctually do :)
I might see if I can find any cheap towels/blankets for the doggies in the sale :love:

Back