• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Question for rex owners

weeble

Albert is my first rex and this is his first winter outside. He seems happy enough but his coat just doesnt seem as warm as the others.

Do other rex owners find they do ok? He does live with Evie who is just a fluffball

My rex isnt an outdoor bun but I find even in her bunny room her coat feels colder than my other bun, im guessing it must just be the type of breed but who knows. It doesnt seem to bother her x

My rexes , Pixie and Pandora, seem very weatherproof.

They never sleep in the covered bit of their hutch,they're always in the more open bit and they sit outside whatever the weather during the day.

My previous rex, Pebbles, lived outside for most of her life. She lived to just under 10, with plenty of hay and a nice warm bunny friend to snuggle up to she was fine :)

She was inside for the last 6 months of her life as her friend passed away and she had snuffles. Moving her inside was more due to her age, health and being alone so no bunny to snuggle up to rather than her lovely rex coat causing any concerns with me.

my 3 have thicker winter coats, its not longer but more dense. They are fine with the mountain of hay and snugglesafe. They love the snow and do endless mad binkies in it!! :love::love::love::love:

Back