• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Charlie is not well...UD 18 / 30

kaths101

Warren Veteran
Hi all, I Got up this morning to find charlie huddled in the corner not moving to eat his morning veg with the rest of them, Luckily i had a day off work today so was able to observe him, I left him for an hour and still no sign except Oreo kept chasing him :cry: whether Oreo knew something was wrong or not I dont know so Charlie has had a trip to the vets and is now inside in our cold utility room brrr (he does have a snugglesafe etc). Weve got to go back to the vets in the morning.. He has eaten and seems to have perked up so if he gets the ok from the vets I will put him back out with the rest of them in the morning - He will be missing sittting on his bench!

Im not sure whether to bring Mittens in to keep him company what do you think?
If any have any spare vibes please can I have some for my little dutch boy

CIMG3962.jpg

Last edited:
Lots of vibes for Charlie!! :love:

Get well soon!

I think bringing in a friend for him would be a good idea :) Then if he has to stay in for abit longer it might be easier to rebond with 2 and 2?

Plus he will have company and someone to snuggle!

Oh no, very sorry Charlie's not himself and sending lots of vibes. That's a brilliant photo. I don't have any experience of bonded rabbits, but I would guess Charlie might be very lonely on his own. :(

Awww CHarlie :cry::cry::cry:

This is always the problem with the group and I have the same dilemma...

Do you keep the bun alone or bring another one in with them? I don't have the answer for that one I'm afraid.

Big vibes for Charlie XXX

I would definitely bring a friend in for him - and also put the temperature up a bit in your conservatory as he may be struggling to keep his temperature up if he is feeling poorly.

Hi, thanks everyone, I have been sat in the utility room with him the last few hours - he seems ok. I have put Mittens in with him and he immediately put his head down for a groom, they are flopped out now so seem ok - he is not eating a huge amount - hes had a few pellets and some coriander- little nibbles here and there but he certainly seems brighter in himself..and is pooing so thats good. I didnt put Mittens in straight away to make sure he is pooing which he is ...

I hope the bond will be ok - I will have to see, I have left the litter trays tonight so each pair has one with the other buns smells in - - they should be fine..
Sooty keeps running round the avairy - I think shes searching for her pals :(

Thanks for the vibes

Ah bless them. I'm glad he seems to be doing a little better this evening and that Mittens is helping him. Poor Sooty too. Sending more eating and pooing vibes for Charlie and hoping he is well enough to go back out to be with them all tomorrow (and that the bond stays ok) xx

Back