• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gordon's new home!

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
Hello! :wave: I've just got my new bun Gordon home :D I just want to say a big thankyou to Jill (honeybunny), Karen (Mrs Honey Bunny) and Jenny (Fluffers) for making this possible :D He is settling in fine I think, let me pick him up and we had a cuddle :love:, I think he's such a lovely boy and he's only just got here! :love: He had a quick look round then munched some hay, I will go and check on him in a bit. I will start bonding him and Beano tomorrow and get some pictures then. Thankyou again and pics will be coming soon! :D xxx

Very best wishes to him in his new home. :wave: Hope the bonding goes well ... and looking forward to pictures of course! :love:

Thats lovely!! Am glad he has a lovely new home for Christmas! Will look forward to pictures. Hope the bonding goes smoothly. x

:) Just went to check on Gordon and he's eaten and been to the toilet and looked fine, a bit weary but he came up to see me when I was putting a water bowl in, his bottle was too low for him to reach, and then he had a drink :) Beano seems very interested in him, she is in a crate opposite him and was stood nearest to him looking in his direction and was hopping up and down the side a bit, is this a good or a bad thing? Gordon reached his head forward to look at her a bit. I'm pleased that he seems to be settling in well :)

Starting bonding Beano and Gordon this morning, Beano has been really good and kept hopping slowly up to Gordon but everytime Beano got anywhere close Gordon would run off and he was really nervous around her. I made the bonding area smaller as Gordon was just avoiding Beano, Beano wan't at all bothered by Gordon being there, she was washing, binkying and eating just like normal. Gordon however was very nervous, wouldn't move from the spot he was in and wouldn't respond to Beano, she was nuzzling him and was eating hay infront of him. After hours of him hunched in the corner I put him in his crate so he could eat and drink and he went straight to his foood bowl to eat then had a drink and sat munching his hay like normal. He just doesn't seem at all interesting in Beano and gets very nervous aroud her. What do I do? Do I keep them together to see if he begins to respond to her and see if he will become less nervous? I'm pleased neither of them showed any signs of aggression though. Thanks for any advice :)

Maybe put them both in a carrier and take them for a drive? Maybe he's feeling unsure because she's so relaxed.

Thanks, Gordon might be going for his myxi jab tonight so I will take Beano with him then. Just worried because Gordon's so nervous, he's fine when he's in his crate or with me it's just Beano seems to scare him although she is just being friendly.

It's very early days so don't worry too much :) Keep doing what you're doing, it may just take a while. Gordon has just moved house & met a hunbun in the space of 24 hours so he might just need a bit of time to settle. Great that you've had no signs of aggression, that's a very good start :wave:

Thanks, Gordon might be going for his myxi jab tonight so I will take Beano with him then. Just worried because Gordon's so nervous, he's fine when he's in his crate or with me it's just Beano seems to scare him although she is just being friendly.

I think I'd be inclined to take Gordon on his own tonight, putting him in a carrier with Beano at this stage might be a bit much as they've not actually bonded yet and it's only day 1 :) Pop him straight back in with her when you return though :)

Thanks :) I'll take him on his own tonight and leave him with Beano in the bonding area to see if he settles down? He is a very lovely boy, is so easy to pick up. Last night he re-arranged all his stuff in his crate but left his blanket perfectly as it was and was lied on it when I went too see him this morning :love: I have some pics of him which I will put up when I have time later.

Just spoken to Jill about some other stuff & she confirmed that what I'd said was right (which makes a change) :lol: Keep them together and only separate if by say 7pm if Gordon hasn't eaten anything. Then you could take him out so he eats/poops but then put them in together again. Jill says try chopping some tasty fresh veg up and dropping in right under his nose ;)

Thanks :) Gordon was still nervous and not eating with Beano there, so I have put him in his crate and he is eating/drinking fine and lied down so I left him for a bit. I think after he's settled and knows Beano isn't a threat he will be ok, I think it is going pretty well so far, no fighting or anything. They are staying indoors for the time being because it is freezing outside and there has been a slight problem with the shed, I will make a post about it. I will post some pics soon :)

Are the two crates right next to each other so that even when they are separate they can be near each other?

Did he go for his jab today?

Looking forward to more updates :D

Yes, they sit closest to eachother and watch eachother but when they are out Gordon gets a bit scared of her. He went for his jab, everyone commenting on how cute he is :love: I am just going to upload pics now :)

Back