• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fur pulling...

Jazzy B Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
Since I had to seperate Jack and Gizmo, Jack has taken to pulling bits of his fur out... He's neutered, has toys and gets let out of his hutch (6ft) every day.. He is acting normally and eating fine etc. Any ideas? or does he just miss his friend? And no I can't afford to get another rabbit to go with him.

Since I had to seperate Jack and Gizmo, Jack has taken to pulling bits of his fur out... He's neutered, has toys and gets let out of his hutch (6ft) every day.. He is acting normally and eating fine etc. Any ideas? or does he just miss his friend? And no I can't afford to get another rabbit to go with him.

Sorry I have missed this.. Why did you have to split them?

Gizmo attacked him and slashed his ears :( There was a lot of blood, he's fine now after a couple trips to the vets. it happend a few weeks ago now. He's only just recently started pulling his fur out.

Gizmo attacked him and slashed his ears :( There was a lot of blood, he's fine now after a couple trips to the vets. it happend a few weeks ago now. He's only just recently started pulling his fur out.

oh dear :( where they already bonded or where you trying to bond them at the time?

I think your right that he is probably missing his friend but as you have already said you can't afford to get another friend for him.

I would maybe suggest getting more toys, tunnels etc for him to play with.

If you think you could maybe try them together again then maybe push cages to together and see how they react but it would be really risky if Gizmo has attacked him once already.

I'm sorry I know I'm not helping much but I don't really have any other suggestions.

Have you spoken to your vet to see what they think?

Yeah, they have been bonded since feb (a month after I lost Jazz) Its all been fine before :( I let Gizmo out in the run the sametime as I let Jack in the garden so they could sniff eachother, but it's clear that Gizmo now hates him. I was thinking of trying them together again in the new year, when I can take a week or so off to supervise them. I'll get Jack some more toys I think.

The vet just said to keep them apart.

Yeah, they have been bonded since feb (a month after I lost Jazz) Its all been fine before :( I let Gizmo out in the run the sametime as I let Jack in the garden so they could sniff eachother, but it's clear that Gizmo now hates him. I was thinking of trying them together again in the new year, when I can take a week or so off to supervise them. I'll get Jack some more toys I think.

The vet just said to keep them apart.

I think you are right to try when you can get a full week to supervise.

Think for now all that you can do is give Jack as much to do as possible whilst he is on his own as he is probably just lonely especially if they are outdoor buns?

Did you ever find out why Gizmo attacked him or was it completely unexpected?

I think you are right to try when you can get a full week to supervise.

Think for now all that you can do is give Jack as much to do as possible whilst he is on his own as he is probably just lonely especially if they are outdoor buns?

Did you ever find out why Gizmo attacked him or was it completely unexpected?

Yeah they are outside unfortunatly. It was completly unexpected. Both seem ok now.

Back