• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

guess who got over her fear of snow?

BattleKat

Wise Old Thumper
having refused to leave the shed for 2 days, lola has decided she loves snow :D
She's been binkying around all morning, even when I was trying to herd her in!

166276_10150109523604363_510329362_7497037_1321826_n.jpg

47634_10150109523564363_510329362_7497035_6706701_n.jpg

Only downside is my camera lens got broken a few weeks ago so it's really hit and miss when trying to get photos of the buns!

a rambinky
165199_10150109523679363_510329362_7497039_7310989_n.jpg

and Eli seems to enjoy his snow beard
35621_10150109523519363_510329362_7497034_4707796_n.jpg

Last edited:
Awwww lovely pics!! :love:

Battlekat - what camera do you use? Those pics of rambo are wonderful - and I know how hard it is to take pics of black bunnies - even against white snow! Rambo looks a *lot* like Jack but my snow-pics aren't as good!

Beautiful black bunnies! xx

wonders if other bunnies eat the snow and ice in vast quantities.. :roll:

It's a Nikon d3000 but my lens is dodgy because it got dragged off a table by my foster dog :roll:

I find photoshop is my saviour with black bunnies! I use the dodge tool to go over the highlights so they don't look so much like black blobs. :D

It's a Nikon d3000 but my lens is dodgy because it got dragged off a table by my foster dog :roll:

I find photoshop is my saviour with black bunnies! I use the dodge tool to go over the highlights so they don't look so much like black blobs. :D

Oooh 'dodge tool' - shall remember that! ;) x

I've oggled the Nikon before I do believe! The problem is that I always find something else to buy - like a new mouse cage, a new budgie cage, toys for the new mouse cage, toys for the new budgie cage.... :oops:

One day I shall get an SLR though! :p

All your bunnies look well in this weather though - ours do too - fascinates me how well they are coping....

I've oggled the Nikon before I do believe! The problem is that I always find something else to buy - like a new mouse cage, a new budgie cage, toys for the new mouse cage, toys for the new budgie cage.... :oops:
I work in my dads photography business so I got the SLR as my christmas present and christmas bonus combined :D
hopefully I'll get a new lens this year and can catch some binkies.

ooh you have mice! I have 3 at the moment (2 just passed away) and buying them things is like an addiction so I know how you feel! this is my cage and so far the cage + accessories has cost me about £250 :oops:
What do you feed yours out of curiosity?

Those buns are abolutely beautiful. Especially love Rambo as he looks just like my Rupert :love:

Your mouse set up looks fab. Lucky mice!

Ooohh I think I recognise that pic - were you on All About Mice forum (before it died! :()? :D

I feed them a straights diet based on (( Ratrations )) stuff. Their stuff is brilliant - I honestly can't praise it enough! My current mix is:

5 scoops of base mix (I use 50/50 of (( Base Mixes 1 and 2 ))
1 scoop of soya flakes (also from RR)
1 scoop of mixed puffs (also from RR)
1 scoop of Whole Earth organic cornflakes broken up
1 scoop of Bite-size shredded wheat broken up
1/2 scoop of mixed dried green bell pepper flakes and carrot flakes mixed together

.... then I sprinkle some (( seed mix )) on top when I feed them as otherwise the small seeds all end up at the bottom of the mix.

They love it and only leave husks lol! ;) x

Ooohh I think I recognise that pic - were you on All About Mice forum (before it died! :()? :D
yeah, I joined a few days before it died! was gutted.

I feed them a straights diet based on (( Ratrations )) stuff. Their stuff is brilliant - I honestly can't praise it enough! My current mix is:

5 scoops of base mix (I use 50/50 of (( Base Mixes 1 and 2 ))
1 scoop of soya flakes (also from RR)
1 scoop of mixed puffs (also from RR)
1 scoop of Whole Earth organic cornflakes broken up
1 scoop of Bite-size shredded wheat broken up
1/2 scoop of mixed dried green bell pepper flakes and carrot flakes mixed together

.... then I sprinkle some (( seed mix )) on top when I feed them as otherwise the small seeds all end up at the bottom of the mix.

They love it and only leave husks lol! ;) x
ooh thanks, The site's in my bookmarks but didn't really know how to make a mix up :)

No problem. I have heard rumours that they may even be doing mouse-specific mixes at some point in the future which would be great! :) xx

Back