• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Today is a sad day

That is sad.

Why did they close? What's happening to the buns?? :cry:

Time and money issues. There are only a few buns that need rehoming but once they are gone no others are being taken in. I am trying not to think about what will happen to the rescue buns now, there aren't many rescues in the North East. If only neutering could be done for free I would happily take in a couple at a time till they could be rehomed.

Time and money issues. There are only a few buns that need rehoming but once they are gone no others are being taken in. I am trying not to think about what will happen to the rescue buns now, there aren't many rescues in the North East. If only neutering could be done for free I would happily take in a couple at a time till they could be rehomed.

That is soo sad.

Makes you realise just what a struggle it is for all rescues too. :cry:

Is it worth talking to the vets about that option? Or at least reduced rates?

Why don't you ring Gwen at Bunny Burrows rabbit and guinea pig rescue, rescues can never have enough Foster homes and she has all buns neutered and spayed .
Bunny Burrows phone number is on their website in my signature. :D

Why don't you ring Gwen at Bunny Burrows rabbit and guinea pig rescue, rescues can never have enough Foster homes and she has all buns neutered and spayed .
Bunny Burrows phone number is on their website in my signature. :D

May be a bit far, think it would be around an hour and a halfs drive from here, maybe a bit more

May be a bit far, think it would be around an hour and a halfs drive from here, maybe a bit more

I know she has a foster home in Gateshead and Harrogate, Gateshead is about an hour away.

It's always very sad when a rescue closes as there's not enough round the country as it is :(

I know she has a foster home in Gateshead and Harrogate, Gateshead is about an hour away.

It's always very sad when a rescue closes as there's not enough round the country as it is :(

Really. I'm not too far from Gateshead about another 20 minutes drive. There are definately not enough round here.

Back