• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Libby & Duke's Lifetime of Adventures - UD post 53 Pg 6 31/12/2010

Leigh

Mama Doe
were just behaving like this to get more attentions from da hoomans but dont tell them :lol: :idea:

but we thought we'd give mummy a break because to be honest she looks ruddy awful after staying up with us :lol:

so we did this:

Duke : I'm thirsty....

1131089824_6n6bg-M.jpg

Libby : You're thirsty? - I haven't had a drink all night because of you - budge over

1131089761_a2zXG-M.jpg

Duke&Libby : ok we'll share - mum will like that ;)

1131089746_Dgnoe-M.jpg

Libby: too thirsty to share - its mine!

1131089936_sNnrT-M.jpg

Libby The water is mine, gonna pin you down wiv my paw Duke! Cute hey :)

1131089990_PNL3f-M.jpg

Libby er - still mine, and im gonna sit on you now and keep you out my way :lol:

1131089991_SC9KA-M.jpg

Duke & Libby spose we should snuggle now, maybe mum will have snooze?? theres a bit if a hedge and dragging through backwards thing going on there!

1131090146_PQMt7-M.jpg

Libby: ok we can snuggle but I go on top this time ;) Duke ok ok, fairs fair i spose :roll: ;)

1131090199_7VLJn-M.jpg

Last edited:
He he, see, keep the faith you two, it is clearly a good love match :love::love:

They are just toying with you.

Loving the photos - keep 'em coming.:D

Duke&Libby hehe, the hoomans have fallen asleep on the sofa and we are being good as gold - fing is, dey got asked round da neighbours for christmas dinks and dey should be there now :lol:

hoomans can be so rude!

(mum said she wasnt going anyway but dad was gonna pop round) :lol::lol:

Libby fourt id wake da hoomans by havin a dink :) dad went but he back now - mum missed out on fresh scones wiv cream, fruit cake, flapjacks, tea, coffee, port, sherry - she said she didnt mind but i fink she did weally - ill give her nosebumps later :)

1131285221_3Jj5P-M.jpg

Duke Um libby - kinda squashing me :roll:

1131285276_cGECM-M.jpg

Libby & Duke's Lifetime of Adventures - UD post 9

Duke Libby you smell gooooooood, whay you wearing?
Libby aw fanks duke, the hoomans gave it me, its called naana. i fink you can wear it too
Duke mum just gave me sum - you like it?
Libby yummy, gonna give you a big wet kissy now :love:
Duke&Libby dont let mum see tho, shell get dat fing out dat beeps wiv a big bwight fash dat blinds us :lol:

Duke blimey mums got a scary voice when she wants :shock: even dad was scared :shock:
Libby stop trying to nip my bottom then and mum will leave you alone - duh :roll:

Ha ha, the only people I know who do bunny voices are totally bonkers - joined the club I see :thumb:

I do hope you have a quieter night tonight and he settles down for a good sleep. Sounds like you might need one of those too. Fingers crossed this end.

Ha ha, the only people I know who do bunny voices are totally bonkers - joined the club I see :thumb:

I do hope you have a quieter night tonight and he settles down for a good sleep. Sounds like you might need one of those too. Fingers crossed this end.

always been a bit bonkers me :lol:

thankyou - weve actually literally at this late hour just made a bit of a change to their pen, possibly risky because we risk upsetting duke but i started to feel that the litter box was allowing them to sit separately and i somewhere deep down i felt that duke was every so often kicking libby out. hed give her a nip on the bottom and shed hop out and stretch on the floor - then theyd stay like that for a couple of hours. they couldnt even see each other when that happened.

so it now looks like this.... the downside is the square lends itself to easy circling/squabbling but the upside is its all at the same level and they are visible to each other all of the time.

1131615988_8BbZk-M.jpg

all in all today they have got on a bit better today, still not as they were when we picked them up on friday but better than yesterday - i think anyway, brain is starting to get a little foggy now :lol:

leigh is staying home with them tomorrow im going to work - the rest of the week im not sure yet!

duke has woken up a bit now but its evening and they have a new set up so.... we reused the hay from their litter box plus some new and sprinkled readigrass in too. moved the pen very slightly forwards too so that its nearer the sofas and the rug on the floor so hopefully no more nights lying on cold tiles!

we only ended up with the litter tray how it was before because we have had to reduce the space from the original set up we had before duke decided to be a bit grumpy otherwise we would have probably have had it like this to begin with. live and learn. :)

naana and treats on hand for the night but leigh has said he will stay up with them and i can go sleep in the bed for it a bit :love:

always been a bit bonkers me :lol:

thankyou - weve actually literally at this late hour just made a bit of a change to their pen, possibly risky because we risk upsetting duke but i started to feel that the litter box was allowing them to sit separately and i somewhere deep down i felt that duke was every so often kicking libby out. hed give her a nip on the bottom and shed hop out and stretch on the floor - then theyd stay like that for a couple of hours. they couldnt even see each other when that happened.

so it now looks like this.... the downside is the square lends itself to easy circling/squabbling but the upside is its all at the same level and they are visible to each other all of the time.

1131615988_8BbZk-M.jpg

all in all today they have got on a bit better today, still not as they were when we picked them up on friday but better than yesterday - i think anyway, brain is starting to get a little foggy now :lol:

leigh is staying home with them tomorrow im going to work - the rest of the week im not sure yet!

duke has woken up a bit now but its evening and they have a new set up so.... we reused the hay from their litter box plus some new and sprinkled readigrass in too. moved the pen very slightly forwards too so that its nearer the sofas and the rug on the floor so hopefully no more nights lying on cold tiles!

we only ended up with the litter tray how it was before because we have had to reduce the space from the original set up we had before duke decided to be a bit grumpy otherwise we would have probably have had it like this to begin with. live and learn. :)

naana and treats on hand for the night but leigh has said he will stay up with them and i can go sleep in the bed for it a bit :love:

Well you certainly get 11/10 for effort to get these guys to settle. Hope you have a quiet night and it's the beginning of the calm life they will undoubtedly end up having in the end.

Fingers crossed for you.

Well i switched the lights out at 1am and Duke behaved till 3am when he decided to had half an attempt at chasing libby around. Told him off and disctracted them both with a few pellets and things quietened down after about 15 minutes.

All was good till 5am when the same thing happened, this time i stopped duke and then picked him up and stroked him for a bit. Put him back and then picked Libby up and gave her a stroke, put her back and put some nana on their heads and things settled down almost instantly this time. This approach seemed to produce better results. :)

Now busy working away on the table right next to them.

Libby Duke, im thirsty, in a minute.

1132222355_yCnS6-M.jpg

Libby Now im ready

1132222207_KwMnv-M.jpg

Libby Now its my turn, dont forget my ears

1132223298_NSYQQ-M.jpg

Last edited:
Awww! Pleased things are going well with them now, they look like a great couple :love: Keep us updated! :)

Well i decided to give Duke a wash, without the use of nana....

1132266131_xyhD3-S.jpg

Then he decided to chase me round and round again though, not happy, he can go groom himself now while i sort my paws!! Hmmm, now hes coming over with his head bowed, i'll try his ears again and see what happens this time...

Hes washing my ears now, not sure if its the nana or cos he loves me this time.

its so wierd seeing pictures of them and not being with them!

and im sure i smell of hay - hopefully people in the office haven't noticed! :lol:

EDIT: Libby and Dukes english has dramatically improved since yesterday, libbys learning how to spell really quickly - knew she was gonna be clever ;) :lol:

you guys must be exhausted! worth it though:love:

absolutely shattered!

and poor! the amount of new pens, toys, treats and hay we have.... santa is being very kind over a very prolonged period to these two! and the thanks we get?!

think i might 'do a duke' and grow some of these horn things that he seems so determined to show off ;) :evil: :lol:

the next thing to work out is how on earth we are going to change the litter and hay in the new pen - think they will have to go in their carry box. and our fingers are just crossed that their mess isnt falling between any cracks in the pieces of lino underneath all that hay, i can see one smelly yucky mess staining my beautiful dining room heated floor :shock:

Last edited:
Back