• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hate leaving them :/

chloemurray

Warren Veteran
I'm supposed to be staying round my boyfriend's house tonight, but I really don't want to..

Because I don't want to leave the bunnies!:lol:

It's because I know they'll be left in their hutch while I'm gone:( Normally they get to free range but when I'm not here, I have to leave them lots of food, two water bottles and a water bowl each and leave their hutch all covered up because nobody will sort them out, even when I ask them to:(

My littlest brother will go out and check on them if I ask him to tomorrow morning, but he can't feed them as he's only 9, and Benji and Nahla can be very quick to escape if they want to and plus, in the morning the hutch doors tend to "stick" very badly. I could barely get them open today and I'm 16:shock:.

So I've told my OH I'm not leaving my house till as late as possible, so I can give them a run around and hand feed all their veggies before I go:lol: I'll really miss my babies and will be worrying about them all today and tomorrow:(

Last edited:
Yeah I feel awful and mine have a whole room to play in while I am gone, but I stil feel rubbish about it! They act like little prisoners when they are shut in anywhere

I hate leaving mine too. :cry: Not that i do it often - never left Daisy overnight yet and when we left Lucky (before Daisy came to live with us) - my mum moved in to care for him. We are going on a summer holiday in 2011 and we are going to have to look into rabbit boarding. :shock:

It sounds like you have got them as well provided for as you can whilst you are away, It's important for you to enjoy yourself too!!! Having said that I do understand perfectly, but they will soon forget about their imprisonment as soon as mummy returns!!!!

"Yeah I feel awful and mine have a whole room to play in while I am gone, but I stil feel rubbish about it! They act like little prisoners when they are shut in anywhere"

At least they still have the room:) No one in my family can be bothered with them and even if they did I don't think I would trust them!:lol:

"I hate leaving mine too. Not that i do it often - never left Daisy overnight yet and when we left Lucky (before Daisy came to live with us) - my mum moved in to care for him. We are going on a summer holiday in 2011 and we are going to have to look into rabbit boarding."

That sounds like my idea of hell:shock:

It sounds like you have got them as well provided for as you can whilst you are away, It's important for you to enjoy yourself too!!! Having said that I do understand perfectly, but they will soon forget about their imprisonment as soon as mummy returns!!!!

I'll probs get back and they'll look at me like, "And where do you think YOU have been?!":lol:

"Yeah I feel awful and mine have a whole room to play in while I am gone, but I stil feel rubbish about it! They act like little prisoners when they are shut in anywhere"

At least they still have the room:) No one in my family can be bothered with them and even if they did I don't think I would trust them!:lol:

"I hate leaving mine too. Not that i do it often - never left Daisy overnight yet and when we left Lucky (before Daisy came to live with us) - my mum moved in to care for him. We are going on a summer holiday in 2011 and we are going to have to look into rabbit boarding."

That sounds like my idea of hell:shock:

I cant say i'm looking forward to it but the girls really want to get away (i know they'll end up missing them too). The thing is, the local cattery does rabbit boarding and while i know the facilities for cats are amazing, i dont know what it's like for rabbits and have no idea of any other rabbit boarding. :?

Plus, it will add a lot of expense to our holiday fund. :shock:

Back