• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Benny my silly lil clown

nikitanain

Warren Scout
Benny gave me a scare a few days ago. He was lying down on his side and I thought that he is not well.. I woke him up and he jumped back to his normal self.. Since then he sleeps the same way, when no one is around.. I asked a few people and read on some forums that rabbits lie down this way when they are relaxed and comfortable in their surrounds..

Benny's head was also down but the minute I got the camera he lifted his head to see what I am doing..

DSCF1085.jpg

And this is a pic of him sitting normally..
DSCN9987.jpg

P.S - He is 475 grams but eats enough for a 3kg rabbit.. He is always hungry and begs for food constantly even though he has unlimited access to hay..

Awww my buns do that too :love:
Its called a bunny flop and means you have a very comfortable and relaxed bunny :D
My bridge bun Tilly used to lie fully on her back with her legs in the air :shock::lol:

Awwww he's a little dink, very cute, I think you may have woke him up? Is he in a cage? I'd be tempted to use an old duvet cover or sheet and cover the top and the far side where he is lying to keep out draughts and make him feel safe and cosy, he is lovely :love: Edited to add with him being white, why not use some hay over the newspaper - he's going to be black otherwise with the print coming off on him and he will ingest it grooming himself you could use straw if your trying to teach him to differentiate between litter area's and sleepy area's etc - just put hay in a rack above his litter tray and a bit in the tray:wave:

Last edited:
Thanks VickiP and Gemmapookie..

I am glad to know that Benny is happy, I am always worried about him..

Benny was sleeping when I took the pic, he had finished roaming about the house, I leave him open for most of the day, as mentioned in other threads, he is in a 3x2x2 feet hutch but he only sleeps in it.. He is out from 8 am to 8 pm everyday but since a week the temperature has dropped to 28 - 30 degrees from 34 degrees so he sleeps a little more, but is out for 9 - 10 hours..

His feet are black ever since I got him.. He doesnt eat the paper but he tears of the paper if I am even 5 minutes late to give him his meals.. The lil fella eats 7 times a day and he eats a lot mostly hay and pellets but since a week as suggested by other members I am giving him vegetables once a day..

I change the paper twice a day, to ensure that the ink doesnt rub off on Benny.. I tried putting hay on top of the newspaper but Benny threw half the hay out and ate some of the hay.. I cant put lino, glass or wood on the base since the cage is very funnily made hence I cannot put large things inside...

Last edited:
What a lovely bunster :love:
Pierre does the same he sleeps on his shelve and have his head on his side it just means hes comfy :)

Sounds like you have a very happy bun

Back