• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are some bunnies just made for each other?

x-vic-x

Mama Doe
I am bonding 2 bunnies at the moment one of my foster bunnies with her new husbun, it is as though they are made to be together.

When they were first introduced they chased each other for about 10 seconds then Trixie's new husbun groomed her and she groomed him back. They have both flopped out together, and have been grooming each other all afternoon. There has been no chasing, humping or fur pulling. Trixie's husbun has been binkying in the cage even though it's not big enough, and he keeps bumping into the sides.

These 2 bunnies are so happy to be together!!! :love::love::love:

Lola and Benson were bonded within the half hour it took me to get to the breeders (I know, I know better now!! :oops:) house!! They were def meant for each other!

Well I slept on the sofa with them (I wouldn't leave them just incase), they were perfectly behaved all night and didn't wake me once. :D:D

Am going to move them into a slightly bigger cage today and see how they get on.

I think sometimes that animals also have "the one" just like us hoomans. My Bethany (guinea pig), for example, is a very shy girl, but she got on with Pheobe (another guinea pig) from the word go, and their sisters Ruby and Maggie-May were just the same. Pheobe and Ruby were one pair of sisters and Bethany and Maggie-May are another pair of sisters! Ruby is very motherly towards Maggie-May, which is exactly what she needs as Maggie-May is quite scaredy and also very highly strung, Ruby soothes her, where as Maggie-May gives Ruby a strong purpose in life, they just fit together perfectly! Pheobe was a bit like Maggie-May in the way that she was a drama queen, but she was also a day dreamer, she'd take care of our Bethany (who is so shy of ither piggies) and keep her happy. Bethany would keep Pheobe happy by listening to her. All four of them lived together, but it was obvious who adored who! When Pheobe died, it was so sad seeing Bethany go back to being on her own and depressed, but it was lucky that we had two baby pigs (well, they weren't that young, but babies to us) that could go in with the tribe and Bethany adores them! Not quite the replacement for Pheobe, but the whole herd now gets on together better and gel more.

It's lovely seeing soul mates live together though, I love it when that happens!

Mini and Mischa were like that too. There was a little humping and that was it. A couple of months later Mischa was protecting Mini when she hurt her hip.

Let me know when your bonding pen is free, my 4 want to come and visit you :thumb: ;) Ronnie cant wait to come and eat your house like he has mine :lol: ;)

Oscar had several failed bondings behind him.

He was really aggressive and we had all but given up hope of him ever having a partner.....until Louise decided to try Sea, a lovely gentle little rabbit who had lived in a group previously.

He was smitten within the hour:love:

Back