• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

very quick but important question.

shadow05

Mama Doe
is it okay for a rabbit to have them recyclable paper bags from primark. cause i gave one to him with loads of hay and other nice treats in it and hes gone absolotly beserk on it and ate nearly half the bag.

Are you sure he ate the bag and not just ripped it apart? He should be fine anyway as paper isn't really harmful to them but I'd keep an eye to to sure he's eating and pooing ok for the next few days in case he's got a bit blocked up and see a vet if anything is abnormal.

Are you sure he ate the bag and not just ripped it apart? He should be fine anyway as paper isn't really harmful to them but I'd keep an eye to to sure he's eating and pooing ok for the next few days in case he's got a bit blocked up and see a vet if anything is abnormal.

okay was just wondering hes use to eating cardboard have to take it off him every so often cause i get a bit worried. but he is definitely eating it, no such thing as ripping it and throwing it with this rabbit probs thinks its a waste lol

I wouldn't allow it to be on the safe side, I think even less harmful things like plain cardboard should only be in moderation and small amounts eg, a toilet roll tube stuffed with hay I would remove if half the tube was eaten, the trouble is even what we think is 'plain' might have been processed using chemicals that we don't know about. :wave:

If Scooter is eating cardboard and paper a lot then this could be a sign he's really craving fibre and you need to find him a good quality hay to give him daily.

If Scooter is eating cardboard and paper a lot then this could be a sign he's really craving fibre and you need to find him a good quality hay to give him daily.

yea hes getting tons of the stuff but he only eats it at night hell eat a certian amount in the morning but wont touch it will only eat his cardboard. dont get why though. whenever i use to give it him he use to go crazy and would eat it any time of the day.

Back