• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

which is better?

shadow05

Mama Doe
right currently i am feeding my rabbit on burgress excel pellets and hes due for another bag of food.

i was wondering is burgress, science plan or rabbits muesli better.

hes never had rabbit muesli before so i think hed just get confused and baffled by it to be honest lol.

ive never seen the science plan one. as far as i know they dont see it were i live apart from the vets and its probs not cheap at all lol

Stick with Excel :wave:
Mueslis not great for buns as they have a tendency to selectively feed on the tasty bits and ignore the rest xxxx

right currently i am feeding my rabbit on burgress excel pellets and hes due for another bag of food.

i was wondering is burgress, science plan or rabbits muesli better.

hes never had rabbit muesli before so i think hed just get confused and baffled by it to be honest lol.

ive never seen the science plan one. as far as i know they dont see it were i live apart from the vets and its probs not cheap at all lol

oh right was just wondering which would be the better to put him on. ill stick with excel again.

If he's ok on Excel then stick with that. Some buns get a sticky bottom with Excel, and if this happens then it might be wise to slowly switch over to an alternative higher fibre pellet such as Science Selective or Allen and Page, or Oxbow bunny basics. However, if you EVER change a bunny's pellet, you MUST do it very slowly over a few weeks, blending in the new pellet to allow them to adjust to it digestively.

I use Excel but have used Bunny Basics (problem was having to order from vet and, although it lasts a long time, it is expensive). Both are really good. I have no experince of SS and wouldn't use muesli for the reason previously mentioned.

Excel :D Oh and 4kg bags last ages! I have 4 buns and I'm no where near finished the bag and I've been using it 2 weeks. :shock:

i always get the 10kg bag lol just works out a lot more cheaper an lasts for ages the last bag i got just a 2 weeks after i took him on and its still going now but i wanna top up just to be safe, but it looks like ill be getting the 4 kg bag this time its only £4 something for one and for the 10kg i think it £10 or 12. i get this from Donald cookes normally everything`s cheap in there just gotta check the dates.

Back