• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Travel with a bunny

Jenson

Mama Doe
I'm planning on taking his bunniness to my parents for Christmas.

He'll be in the dinning room rather than the living room so he can have company and quiet (he's an indoor bunny anyway).
The vet thinks he'll be fine for the journey, it's all motorway and (weather permitting) will take 1 hour 30 (ish) and I can stop several times to offer water and check his hay etc

I'm interested in opinions on what to take. He has an indoor cage with a NIC run that I put a sheet over when I'm out. Today's question is, do I take his cage and the NIC panels or just the NIC panels (he could use the carry case if he wanted somewhere to hide) with a ground sheet under his mats and his litter tray. (For extra space he can run all round the kitchen so long as no one is cooking as I wouldn't want him knocked).

Am I mad, what do you think?

I don't think you're mad, but I would definitely take the cage too. :)The more like 'home' his set-up can be, the better. If you don't need it, it can always stay in the car. Bunnies are very sensitive to smell, and will pick up on different scents in a new environment that our feeble human noses wouldn't notice.

When we take Bramble to my OH's parents when we go on holiday, we take his entire outdoor set up! I would take whatever you can fit in!

Back