• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet my new guinea pig!

Here's my new guinea pig Lily. :love: I got her from Milhaven guinea pig rescue in Keighley. :D She is so lovely and I got her as a friend for my other guinea pig Petal. :)

DSCF8178.jpg

DSCF8174.jpg

And with her new friend. :love:
DSCF8181.jpg

DSCF8177.jpg

Last edited:
She's lovely :love:

I've never had guinea pigs, and I have a question, it's gonna sound really stupid but do guinea pigs just 'go together'? Like they don't need bonded or anything ?:oops:

She's lovely :love:

I've never had guinea pigs, and I have a question, it's gonna sound really stupid but do guinea pigs just 'go together'? Like they don't need bonded or anything ?:oops:

Thanks. :D Sometimes they have to be bonded, boys for example. I don't think it's anywhere near as hard as bonding bunnies. I have never had a problem, I just let Petal and my new piggy meet and they were instantly friends! :love:

aww how gorgeous:love::love::love:
I have never had any problems bonding any of my piggies, they are so easy and most will just accept each other straight away. Boys can be a bit more tricky sometimes.

Aww you should get some. :D

I would if i had enough room in the garage for another hutch :roll:
I could push dads motorbike out i supose... and his tools... :roll: ;) :lol:

My dad did slip up and said i could have a couple of guinea pigs :shock:
Because i said ive never had them before :lol:

Will have to see what the future brings :love: (Or Santa ;) ) :lol::lol:

Aww they are gorgeous!:love:

Bonding can be tricky, particularly if there are two piggies of a similar age, or both are particularly feisty (one has to be top pig, after all). I've bonded young sows with older ones without any problems at all, but when I had to rebond three sows after one of them had been spayed and out of the cage for a couple of weeks, it was really difficult, even on neutral territory etc - there was quite a standoff.

So I think on the whole it's possibly easier than bunnies (I've never done that), but definitely not always easy.

They look very sweet together. :love: I like both the flower names, but somehow think she is more of a daffodil.

sounds just like the meeting of my buns, although they won;t be together at night for now :love: i thinks she looks like a lily

I like both names but in the end I went for Lily. :) She was going to be Daffodil but I kept questioning the name which means I can't have been 100% with it but Lily suits her very well. :love:

Back