• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you use to protect your carpets?

loppy ears

Warren Veteran
Thinking about bringing them in but what could I use to protect the carpets, don't get me wrong the carpets are nothing compared to my pets but I do not want them to smell and I like to keep things clean.

Towels, puppy pads, duvets, fleeces, plastic sheeting or tarps, lino offcuts - all stuff I've used in the past. :) Some sort of tarp and then something on top works well.

Towels, puppy pads, duvets, fleeces, plastic sheeting or tarps, lino offcuts - all stuff I've used in the past. :) Some sort of tarp and then something on top works well.

Thank you I will see if we have any tarps which are not already covered in snow.

First I put down a few cheap shower curtains (£1.50 each from tesco!), then a thick layer of newspaper and then spread towels out on top.

My buns are litter trained but I put all that down just in case of any accidents.

The towels get covered in hay and food but I shake them daily and they get changed weekly so all is good.

I use small rugs in the areas they lie the most (corners and along the back of the table), I use the 4ft tray from the bottom of a dog crate to hold their litter trays and food bowls (as Oscar poops around his food bowl), and once a week I take everything up and clean the carpet with my Vax.

It depends on what your indoor setup is. The best thing ive ever used is interlocking foam mats, but these are only really suitable in a pen or base.

How about matress protectors sewn to blankets?

IMO once they are litter trained and understand that their base is "theirs" then they dont tend to pee anywhere else. Mine have the odd dribble, but i use a spray disinfectant/odour control. I think its something called "simple" and its about £5-6. Best thing ive ever spent my money on, it was trialed on animal madhouse and came out on top every time.

Yeah mine very rarely wee outside their box. In fact since I've had the lops in my room they have done it once and that was in their crate. But when in a new area they are more likely to wee in corners and mark their territory.

It depends on what your indoor setup is. The best thing ive ever used is interlocking foam mats, but these are only really suitable in a pen or base.

How about matress protectors sewn to blankets?

IMO once they are litter trained and understand that their base is "theirs" then they dont tend to pee anywhere else. Mine have the odd dribble, but i use a spray disinfectant/odour control. I think its something called "simple" and its about £5-6. Best thing ive ever spent my money on, it was trialed on animal madhouse and came out on top every time.

hi srry but were do u get that disenfectant from plz. cause i could really do with some of that.

Yeah mine very rarely wee outside their box. In fact since I've had the lops in my room they have done it once and that was in their crate. But when in a new area they are more likely to wee in corners and mark their territory.

since i put scooter in his new pen and cage set up he hasnt done anythign got a duvet cover protecting the carpet but hes figurered out how to remove it by biting it and draging it, need to figure out how to make the duvet cover stay in place. had to get some cable ties today to secure his pen to his cage. he keeps trying to get out actually got out last night tryed to make a run for it lol.

i still wont let him out while im going out but he is having a good amount of time out at the moment. he was out for 4 hours yesterday and is contining to eat loads of hay mostly when im a sleep.

so far today he been quite good but there still rest of today. think i might leave him out for the night and see wat happeneds.

hi srry but were do u get that disenfectant from plz. cause i could really do with some of that.

Now your asking! :? I get it from a local farm shop, but ill get the bottle out, find out its proper name and have a look on the internet. Come back in 5 minutes ;)

ETA: OK, its the first time on the website, and they have LOADS of stuff, they all look pretty good, i might give some a try.

The one i use is Simple Soloution: Stain and Odour Remover. Heres a link, have a look in "where to buy", im sure there will be somewhere near you :)

http://www.simplesolution.com/index.html

HTH :wave:

Last edited:
Now your asking! :? I get it from a local farm shop, but ill get the bottle out, find out its proper name and have a look on the internet. Come back in 5 minutes ;)

ETA: OK, its the first time on the website, and they have LOADS of stuff, they all look pretty good, i might give some a try.

The one i use is Simple Soloution: Stain and Odour Remover. Heres a link, have a look in "where to buy", im sure there will be somewhere near you :)

http://www.simplesolution.com/index.html

HTH :wave:

just checked the site and it says they dont sell it anywhere near me. i thought that they might sell it in pets at home but probs not.

i know but i would rather go and but it in person if possible dont like to order off internet. could have sworn ive seen some in pets at home before though i remeber seeing some.

Why dont you like ordering off the internet? I never used to, and only do it if i cant find something anywhere else cheaper.

Why dont you like ordering off the internet? I never used to, and only do it if i cant find something anywhere else cheaper.

just in case something goes wrong u really have to watch wat ur doing though cause if u havent got a good anti virus and stuff people can hack ur computer and steal ur info and stuff.

i do have an ebay account but i only got tht because my psp broke and i needed a new case and the only way to fix it was to get a new case of ebay. other then that not used it for anything else.

How about ordering over the telephone. You could try this site, and it looks to be the cheapest place to get it too. Postage is only £1 :D

How about ordering over the telephone. You could try this site, and it looks to be the cheapest place to get it too. Postage is only £1 :D

i have quite bad hearing lol so i try to avoid the phone where possible lol ill hve a crack at ordering it off amazon. just hope nothing goes wrong

Back