• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits for sale on facebook

There was someone selling baby rabbits on facebook, and i was interested, although i had no intention of buying any. I hoped id be able to coo over some pictures and possible offer some advice. So i messaged her.

"I am interested in your kits, especially the butterfly lion lop. Were they an accidental litter or do you breed rabbits regularly?

I dont want to sound rude, but is there any chance you could wait untill after christmas to find them homes? As so many rabbits are bought this time of year for christmas presents, left in tiny hutches at the bottom of the garden and forgotten about or given to rescue centres.

Would love some pictures, and any other information you have, do you know if the parents or grandparents ever had any health problems?

Thanks."

Her reply;

"Sorry am only selling to people I know.... So they won't be going to children and their all people on facebook that I know, and no I wouldn't be able to wait til after christmas just for you and why would I sell bunnies if I thought their parents had health problems :s "

Ok, so i gather shes not a breeder and this was an accidental litter, or she thought it would be good to breed her 2 rabbits. :roll: :? But if shes only selling to friends, why doesnt she give them away for free in the new year on the condition that they are speyed and neutered rather than making money out of them!!? Or keep them untill they can be speyed, then ask for a donation? :?

My reply:

"Theres no need to get like that with me. I was only enquiring about them, if my moneys not good enough for you then please yourself. Any responsible owner would get their bunnys speyed and neutered, you clearly havent."

My reaction was probably uncalled for too, but why do people react so badly when people just want to help? There was nothing wrong with my original message :roll:

:censored:

I think your reply was perfectly called for, she sounds like a numpty who doesn't care the slightest about her rabbits and where the babies go.

I don't think I would be as polite as you, I'm really getting fed up of people's view on animals being disposable :censored:

i dont think u were in the wrong at all the other person took it the wrong way. u were only enquiring and tht. wats the point in putting advertisement up on facebook if u dont want to sell them to anybody apart from friends. i dont think shell be able to give them all homes either.

thats right bad breeding ur rabbits and then letting sending the offspring to watever home. i have a male rabbits and hes not been neautered yet (due to be after xmas) and i want to breed from him but i dont think id be able to manage a litter of rabbits. and i for sure wouldnt be able to give them away to people who probably dont know much. id look for suitable homes for each one of them.

u know people these days do my head in. just dont think of consequences at all.

i dont think u were in the wrong at all the other person took it the wrong way. u were only enquiring and tht. wats the point in putting advertisement up on facebook if u dont want to sell them to anybody apart from friends. i dont think shell be able to give them all homes either.

thats right bad breeding ur rabbits and then letting sending the offspring to watever home. i have a male rabbits and hes not been neautered yet (due to be after xmas) and i want to breed from him but i dont think id be able to manage a litter of rabbits. and i for sure wouldnt be able to give them away to people who probably dont know much. id look for suitable homes for each one of them.

u know people these days do my head in. just dont think of consequences at all.

Id love to breed my rabbits, but i just wouldnt do it. Im so glad i got them neutered and spayed, otherwise i might have done something stupid by now. I have to protect them from me! :lol: If i ever had an accidental litter, i dont think id advertise them anywhere but here, and id keep as many as possible

Theres been a lot of toing and froing of emails between us, shes got on her very high horse! I dont want to start accusing her of anything though, because I dont know what her situation is and it would be unfair of me to judge. It could well have been an accidental litter for all i know, but she got defensive immediately and didnt answer me, so im pretty suspicious. :roll:

Im debating wether to give her a link to RU ;) ... but then i would have to "delete" this thread, just incase.

Theres been a lot of toing and froing of emails between us, shes got on her very high horse! I dont want to start accusing her of anything though, because I dont know what her situation is and it would be unfair of me to judge. It could well have been an accidental litter for all i know, but she got defensive immediately and didnt answer me, so im pretty suspicious. :roll:

Im debating wether to give her a link to RU ;) ... but then i would have to "delete" this thread, just incase.

i suppose, but at least u know that she is gonna get all the help with the rabbits though. might even help her sell the baby rabbits i mean there is mostly just people on her who are experienced owners or are just starting.

if i could and she had a female that was spayed i have one lol. and my mom said yea id get my rabbit a freind straight away but gotta wiat to see what my bunny is like after being neautere and then go from there.

Back