• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When I buy ALL the hay in Counrywide...

Candiflare

Mama Doe
...I feel really guilty because I worry that people whose rabbits sit in a hutch at the bottom of the garden might pop there at the last minute and look for it, and are not the kind of people who will search far and wide until they can find some.

So I was at countrywide (I left at 8am this morning t get through the snow) to stock up on hay during the weather) and I was just piling it into my trolley but felt really bad for all the other bunnies out there!

Anyone else feel like this?!

I feel bad that there is a shortage and I can't share what I have got here for mine - if I do, I won't be able to get any more locally and couldn't afford to anyway if I had to buy bagged hay.

Yes, it is upsetting. I do wonder how many rabbits will be freezing in their little plywood boxes at the bottom of the garden, being forgotten.

I don't want to think about how many will die in this weather

I get mine online so have about 3 large boxes and I also get some of the farm stuff at Carterton but he has loads there so expects me to go in and get 9 bags. I'm sure they have some out the back. I do worry about the unprotected hutches though :(

I worry too.... especially as I know a lot of other RU'ers use the same farm shop. I bought 2 bales once so I wouldn't have to make another trip for a good while and felt incredibly greedy. :oops:

I was talking to the owner when I last went though and he said that their supplies were quite low but he expected to be able to keep the shop stocked with bales/bags etc but he would have to eventually say no to the customers who buy say 100 bales at a time... phew, that's not me then. :lol::lol:

Back