• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

brang roo and ray inside, Roo ill

rabbitdan

Mama Doe
My rabbit was sitting in the litter box hunched up this morning, he couldnt walk and kept on falling over. He had hay in the box and straw in the bed, i dont know what happend. my dad said he could of fallen down the hole (to run).
I brang him inside, and he ate pellets and fresh hay and i gave him porridge. He is now sitting in a cat basket with ray in my room nice and warm. What shall i do to set up a proper indoor living area?

I dont think he will be able to be castrated on wednesday. But i will get Ray done though

People who are very experienced have said get him to a vet, so if I were you I would get him to a vet:)

ETA: Just thought I would add. When I had a thread about my rabbit not eating hay, lots of people told me to take him to the vet to get his teeth checked. I was adamant it was not his teeth, and was frustrated that no one listened, but I took him to the vet anyway because the people who advised me have kept rabbits a lot longer than me. I was proved right, his teeth are fine, but it definitely gave me peace of mind and it's better to be safe than sorry:wave:

Last edited:
the problem is ive got snow, and im 14 so can drive anyway and me parents hate driving in the snow. I will try and go ASAP though

the problem is ive got snow, and im 14 so can drive anyway and me parents hate driving in the snow. I will try and go ASAP though

So have we, but if my animal was ill, I know my mum would help by driving, or pay for a taxi/bus if she couldn't.

The snow is forecast for tomorrow as well, so best to go as soon as you can today

So have we, but if my animal was ill, I know my mum would help by driving, or pay for a taxi/bus if she couldn't.

The snow is forecast for tomorrow as well, so best to go as soon as you can today

My mum would pay for a taxi or bus for me too, or ask my auntie to take me.
ETA - do you realise you will have to keep them indoors till spring?

I think you really need to consider this carefully.
You will have to keep them in until spring if you bring them in now, if they turn out to be destructo-buns will your parents be happy for them to stay in the house? Is it safe for them? have they got enough secure space?

The bun needs to go to the vet, at the absolute least I would phone and ask to speak to a vet about it.
Things like this could prove fatal for your bun and I'm sure your parents would rather have paid for a taxi or driven you than let him die.
I know how hard it can be with parents but just explain how essential a vet visit is, perhaps get the vet on the phone and let him/her speak to your parents.

Back