• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Design Opinions

cherrybomb

New Kit
So I have been sitting here for about an hour dreaming up a new hutch for his buness geoffrey for when we move to a place with an actual yard!

This is what I have come up with - bearing in mind he will still be let out, this is just 'lock away' housing :)

Let me know what you think, alas - it is a bit dodgy because i did it up in mspaint! :lol:

163614_10150329785810234_737440233_16137526_5486180_n.jpg

(sorry might have to squint to read the measurements!)

I'm old and can only work in feet and inches. But I have a kennel/run which is sort of similar and I am loving it especially as the run has a roof so they can be out in all weathers in the winter and not confined to the hutch which I always used to feel awful about. I only wish I had known about them before I bought a hutch (though I have to say it does take up a tiny bit more space :lol:)

Looks good to me. How many buns is it for? It might be worth boarding over the bit under the house area so that they still have lots of space if the weather is bad

just for one bun at the moment.
i wont make it until we move - when i have the room for it.
heat is more the thing i have to worry about here - which is why i went for the open bottom, and if it rains i can put some tarp around it - or bring him in to his smaller hutch that he has now.
:)

it'll be an intense project!

Sorry I cannot read the small print:
What is the size of the 'protected accomodation',

I am assumign that the run area is 8.2 feet long, 2.4 feet wide by a minimum height of 3.2 feet. (Total 19.58 square feet for overall run size).

Looks good! :)

I would have the ramp coming down the other way... so they dont run into the mesh/bars :lol: :D

LOL @ ramp - was hoping no one would notice that - I accidentally started drawing it the wrong way and couldn't be bothered to erase it all out. It would definitely be the other way lol.

The upstairs are is 1 metre long x .75 metres wide x 1.5 metres high.
So almost half of the downstairs.

Back