• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent Help Please - Zopiclone/Zimovane

Coineanach

Wise Old Thumper
Cross-posted in health due to time.

Went through to get my sleeping tablets, Oidhche-Velvet has gotten onto the table and eaten them. Have phoned the emergency vets, the vet nurse said she would get the vet to phone me back as they're in a consult. The last time I needed the emergency vet they were rubbish anyway.

She's probably had about 15 mg, I don't know how many were left in the packet.

She's eating and pooping fine, still plenty of appetite and energy. The earliest she could have had them is about 3 hours ago.

Thanks. I found a paper which stated that 1mg/kg slightly decreases resp. and heart rate but not BP or ECG results. Up to 50mg/kg has no effect on intestinal movement, and she's definitely not had that much. The most she can possibly have had is 5mg/kg, and that's the very top, I don't think there were that many left.

Vet phoned back, has no suggestions of what to do apart from bringing her in, but it would only be for observation as he has no treatment suggestions. She hates going to the vet (or travelling, I'm not sure which) so I'm going to keep an eye on her here and speak to my rabbit-savvy vet in a few hours.

Rabbit-savvy vet is off, but another is going to phone back.

Thanks for your reply Jane, oh dear doesn't cover it. :( What are the proven benefits of milk thistle in buns so if the vet asks I can say something?

Last edited:
Rabbit-savvy vet is off, but another is going to phone back.

Thanks for your reply Jane, oh dear doesn't cover it. :( What are the proven benefits of milk thistle in buns so if the vet asks I can say something?

I have replied over in health as having 2 threads running saying the same thing will get too confusing, well for me anyways !!

I have replied over in health as having 2 threads running saying the same thing will get too confusing, well for me anyways !!

That's fair enough :lol: I only put two threads up because it was such an odd time and I was desperate for someone to see it, not everyone looks in health. Thank you very much for your replies Jane, they are very much appreciated but I'm shattered and stressing so not the nicest at the moment.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

ohhhh that rabbit :no::no::no: you naughty naughty girl ... what ever next :shock: :roll:

no advice im afraid ... but hope she is ok ..

and try not to worry too much ...says I knowing if it was me id be terrible :?

Just thought I should let you know she's okay. The vet said just to keep an eye on her and bring her in if she developed symptoms but she's fine. Just a muppet. :roll:

Internet was being a bum over Christmas so forgot about this thread. Thank you everyone for your help. :wave:

So glad she is ok. :D

This is one of my worst fears. I have to leave my tablets on the coffee table otherwise I forget to take them and fortunately my two don't jump up on the furniture ever, but i'm paranoid about them falling on the floor. Fortunately nothing too serious just iron and calcium and multivits so not such an issue. The only other ones I have are thyroxine but they are upstairs out of the way. However, when my mum came to stay and was unpacking her stuff in the spare room, Nino hopping around her feet and bags, she spilt her wash bag all over the floor - a mix of ALL sorts of pain killers, sedatives, neuro drugs...OMG! It was total panic trying to remove the rabbit from the room before he spied them and then trying to find every last little tablet.....such a worry!

Back