• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

thumper throwing his food bowl

mistys_mum

Warren Scout
just wondering why he's doing this i put his food in and the greens he throws it up in the air and prefers to eat it from the spot it lands , misty is in a seperate cage and very rarely does this i'm like what !:wave:

I dont know why they do it but i have a male that also does this he throws his food bowl around all day and then when i take him his greens in a different bowl he throws that one around to

Spenser did that a lot in the summer - particularly if the dish didn't contain any of his favourites. Some buns actually prefer 'scatter feeding.'

My buns bowls use to end up at the bottom of the hutch, now i have given them two dog bowls which are heavy so its harder for them to move :oops: :lol:

I actually took our dog's bowls and my mum went out and brought new ones! :oops: :lol:

Sounds like your bunny doesnt like eating out of a bowl :lol:

I use shallw bowls for my two because Inky found 'normal' rabbit bowls too deep for him to get all his food from. The shallow bowls seem to get thrown around less.

Harry does this to i have to hunt for the bowl in the morning if i forget to take it out as he fills it with hay and hides it :roll:

ETA: they have a heavy dog bowl but he can still move it

thanks guys, sometimes i go in the girls hutch and they have buried their bowls and fillled them with hay i got naughty bunnies lol :love:these are my first bunnies and i love them well i love all my fur babies xxxx:love:

Poppy does this, she does it with her litter tray also and its a heavyish large washing up bowl, think she just likes to throw things :D

Geoffrey tries to do this - but he has ceramic bowls, so they are too heavy - he does manage to drag them about though!
But he is cheeky and will dig out until he finds the tasty bits!!
He's certainly a messy bun!!

thanks guys, sometimes i go in the girls hutch and they have buried their bowls and fillled them with hay i got naughty bunnies lol :love:these are my first bunnies and i love them well i love all my fur babies xxxx:love:

Flower does this as well or if she's not buried it under her hay, she's thrown it down the ramp onto the floor below :lol:

Hubby searches for her bowl every time but now I just her nuggets & veg into her hay/straw as she seems to enjoy foraging for them.

Julie has heavy ceramic bowls but still moves them all around and tries to pick them up. She has managed to turn them upside down. She just loves to move and rearrange everything in general. She has even managed to pull her hay container out of her cage and dump it on the floor. She has a big plastic storage box that houses her litter box. It is like a cave for her. One day I heard banging and saw her toy rabbit getting wracked up on the side of box. Julie was inside pulling her by the ear into the cave but she was facing sideways and just hitting the box. I had to turn the toy so she could get it in the cave. She drags the poor thing around the kitchen by the ear. Where ever I put something Julie has to move it.

Back