• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where do you get your greens from?

Where do you get your greens from?

• Total voters
We've got a hotel, so the veg comes in ordered from the wholesaler :D

The rabbits and pigs usually get all the offcuts and peelings, but I d give them full things too.

Sainsbury but in the past i have got stuff from the market- don't have a local one i can see round here. We used to have a good market where i lived before. I'm going to try setup something with a local supplier since becoming a rescue.

Spenser prefers his spring greens from Tesco or Morrisons. Not an Asda fan. He is very fond of kale from anywhere, and considers me a very bad mummy because he doesn't get it very often.

I mainly get mine from delivered from asda's online store.

Occasionally I get them some veg from the co-op if they have anything decent reduced or on offer

In the summer I go foraging over the fields/nan's garden

I'm also hoping to start growing some greens in the new year

They also have any veg trimmings and dried herbs from burns/hay experts

Mine only have herbs and weeds now you see. I've been buying big bunches of parsley from a farm shop attached to a garden centre and then smaller bunches of basil, coriander, sage and mint from Asda but the big bunches from the farm shop are SO much cheaper and last ages if I put them in water. I wish they did large bunches of basil and mint.

Then their weeds are either pre-packed stuff or foraged off the allotment or in the garden. I want to grow some stuff next year.

I buy pretty much all of Riley's veg from Tesco but go down the co-op pretty much every other day to get some reduced stuff and to get a big bag of kale for £1 for Riley. He loooooooves kale :D

Tesco - the bigger ones or Sainsburys, again the bigger ones- none of the metros or smaller ones sell it near me so i have to either walk miles or get it when i leave work, it annoys me that I cant get it in the tesco metro round the corner OR the sainsburys near me:censored:

I'm still managing to gather all their food from the wild atm :) But I expect I'll have to go back to supermarkets at some point during the winter, when the plants run out.

Mainly supermarket, but in the summer we try and grow a few bits for them (and us). If we are being very lazy, or its an emergency, or things just need using up, we give them veg from our veg box but thats a pretty costly way of doing things, so that is pretty rare.

Occasionally OH's uncle who has an allotment will bring us any cabbages or things like that that are spare.

Back