• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Folks with cuddly buns.....

bensonlola

Warren Veteran
..... heh heh heh.... and I mean the animal variety!!!

How do you know your bunny is sitting on your knee because they are enjoying it and not just sat there out of fear, or at best humouring you and hoping you put them down soon.

I'm trying to suss out if mine actually enjoy a cuddle, once setteled in my arms or not. They both sit with half closed eyes and ears back. They don't feel tense and sit for a stroke of their ears and cheeks. I just have the feeling that they dont really enjoy it so I dont tend to do it - just had to check their butts the other day and tried a little cuddle afterwards.

Is there any special happy bunny language I don't know about? I know about the tooth purr as Lola used to do it as a baby before she discovered Benny lovin and didn't want mine anymore!!

Here she goes again... ;):lol:

Seriously, it sounds as if you have at least got them to the point of resigned acceptance. Give and take, as long as they're not terrified I don't see why you shouldn't indulge yourself.

Here she goes again... ;):lol:

Seriously, it sounds as if you have at least got them to the point of resigned acceptance. Give and take, as long as they're not terrified I don't see why you shouldn't indulge yourself.

I know! What am I like - I am really obsessive!! I think thats why I cant diet!! Can't get food outta my head!!! I dont think they like it. I think the ears back either mean they are afraid or cross with me! Lola stamps as soon as I put her down and Benson is quite hard to catch!! :lol::lol:

I'm just wishin and hopin!!

I know! What am I like - I am really obsessive!! I think thats why I cant diet!! Can't get food outta my head!!! I dont think they like it. I think the ears back either mean they are afraid or cross with me! Lola stamps as soon as I put her down and Benson is quite hard to catch!! :lol::lol:

Hmmm, stamping feet has got to be read as disapproval. Has it ever taken you three hours to catch Benson remembers Monday afternoon ...Mr McFlurry isn't much of a cuddle bun, but he will accept some snuggles if he is in the mood.

When buns have there ears back it usually means they are comfortable and feel safe. They do this in burrows in the wild as they are not 'on guard' listening out as much.

I just like you I worry all the time! & I also can't diet :lol:

As I learnt recently, stamping feet can mean so many different things! For example Bernard does it to say 'I'm top bun' and when he want's attention :)

When buns have there ears back it usually means they are comfortable and feel safe. They do this in burrows in the wild as they are not 'on guard' listening out as much.

I just like you I worry all the time! & I also can't diet :lol:

As I learnt recently, stamping feet can mean so many different things! For example Bernard does it to say 'I'm top bun' and when he want's attention :)

:D Hmm thanks for that - food for thought then. Did I say 'food'?!! Ugh - see what I mean - soo hard isn't it?!!

Hmmm, stamping feet has got to be read as disapproval. Has it ever taken you three hours to catch Benson remembers Monday afternoon ...Mr McFlurry isn't much of a cuddle bun, but he will accept some snuggles if he is in the mood.

Eh not 3 hours!! You hold the record for catching a norty bunneh!!! :lol:

Yep - 3 hours beats the hour I sat in the outside run last summer after Buttercup decided to go hide in the fixed in tube...I thought if I just sat and waited he'd come out......an hour later my bum was well and truly numb, I was crying with frustration, so I got up, climbed out of the run....and the little sod came out of the tube :roll:

Poppet and Cookie will jump up on my lap, and sit themselves down comfortable. If I dare stop stroking, they :lol: will look at me disapprovingly.

Poppet and I often play this game; she jumps up, I put her back down on the floor, she jumps up, I put her back down, she jumps up... 10 -12 times in a row is not unusual :love:

I lift Herbie up and sit him on my knee, most of the time he sits there until he decides, then he does a massive jump off me and onto the floor.

Darcy will nudge me for fuss if I'm standing up or sitting on the floor. He loves the most fuss. He also jumps up on me. I know they're not interested when then jump off or hop away.

Yep - 3 hours beats the hour I sat in the outside run last summer after Buttercup decided to go hide in the fixed in tube...I thought if I just sat and waited he'd come out......an hour later my bum was well and truly numb, I was crying with frustration, so I got up, climbed out of the run....and the little sod came out of the tube :roll:

:lol::lol::lol:

Poppet and Cookie will jump up on my lap, and sit themselves down comfortable. If I dare stop stroking, they :lol: will look at me disapprovingly.Poppet and I often play this game; she jumps up, I put her back down on the floor, she jumps up, I put her back down, she jumps up... 10 -12 times in a row is not unusual :love:

You see this would tell me that mine like being cuddled for sure!!

It was actually over three hours. My parents drove to visit my Gran (50 minutes away) had lunch and drove back ... and I was still trying to catch Spenser. I did take a few minutes off for cups of tea and lunch in between lunges and lying on the cold tiles extending a fenugreek crunchie towards his lordship. :roll:

My Honey isn't keen on being handled, though she is a very tolerant bunny and will let you clip her claws, brush her etc, however she is always happy to be put back down.

Have noticed though with the colder weather that she's been quite happy to picked up to have a cuddle :) for a few minutes.

I'm quite envious of those with affectionate bunnies.

My Honey isn't keen on being handled, though she is a very tolerant bunny and will let you clip her claws, brush her etc, however she is always happy to be put back down.

Have noticed though with the colder weather that she's been quite happy to picked up to have a cuddle :) for a few minutes.

I'm quite envious of those with affectionate bunnies.

Me too!

Back