• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm kind of struggling

kirst25

Alpha Buck
Alfie or Sophie doesn't want any attention off me at any time of the day or night and not sure how to change this,any suggestions

Some bunnies just arent naturally that cuddley and you just get pleasure fro watching them be bunnies. Try handfeeding them their meals or some fenugreek crunchies might help

Some bunnies just arent naturally that cuddley and you just get pleasure fro watching them be bunnies. Try handfeeding them their meals or some fenugreek crunchies might help

Yep, mine are so not cuddly! But I enjoy sitting in with them and letting them explore me (even if that means Dan biting my bottom to make me move :roll:)

They are happy to be hand fed and have bum rumples, but don't enjoy cuddles.

I love 'em anyway :love:

Oscar is the same. He is happy to sit on me if I have food, but won't stay without and hates being picked up. He will sometimes let us give him head rubs but is much happier to run around and explore everything. Some buns just aren't cuddly

Just sit with some food and see if they'll come up to you. It will take time and patience - and I mean perhaps weeks. They might learn to associate you with food and then at least give you a bit of their attention! Need to let them come to you on their own terms I think, and in their own time. Just enjoy them in the meantime for being so cute. I know what it's like to be dying for a cuddle and your bunnies having none of it!! Mine aren't particularly cuddly either. In my experience though it has improved with time and patience. All the best :wave:.

Thanks,I'll try..just feel like I'm neglecting coz they won't give me their time so they are just chilling and playing together more than anything

Spenser is not a cuddle bun - he regards cuddles as a great insult to his bunny dignity. He will let me pet him, but he hasn't got a partner, or I would probably not even get that. Try spending time with them in their area, eventually they might wonder what on earth the hooman is doing and come too investigate. I sometimes spend time in Spenser's run just drinking a cup of tea and he will come up and paw me, which is quite sweet. :love:

None of my bunnies are cuddle buns either.
Its something you will have to accept.

Just spend as much time around them you can :) As long as they are happy, thats all that matters right? :D

Every now and then one of my bunnies want a noserub to make me feel loved :lol: :love::love:

I always hand feed them their pellets and they get so excited they jump all over me.

I just always sit at their level so that they can come to me for a fuss if they want, or I sit and stroke them..They never really like being picked up but all enjoy a noserub.
Today I had Tiger on one side and Sugar the other and had to keep reaching over so that Peppa didn't get missed out.:lol:
I figure they are still quite new to each other, and maybe in time they will enjoy being picked up more, as I have them for another 10 years I hope.
So its probably the same for your lovelies in time they will enjoy your fussing more. Lets hope ehh :love:

Neither of mine are cuddle buns and Luna does really like being stroked either but give her some brocolli and she will binky around the room and loves nothing more than ripping a box to pieces.

I know they are happy and they make me happy just by being lovely little pains in the asses!

Yeah I love them to pieces and this morning I sat with them giving them some apple snacks and Alfie was all over me and they were both eating out of my hands :) since they've been together they have become jumpy towards me and hide away but this morning was an improvement :) Alfie had snuggles last week has he was having his nails cut so kept hold of him for abit

Jenson isn't snuggly but seems to like fuss, he puts his paws up on me which is supercute. Sometimes he plays for fuss then runs off and straight back and round we go.
Handfeeding works a treat, takes time and patience though. Jenson has only just started to sit on me in the last two weeks (and only if I have food!). Yet he won't go near my OH, I think because he hasn't put the time in yet!

Back